PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the "LOCKED THREAD" thread

Baldy
06-11-2004, 08:48 AM
I posted a thread on here about why are threads being locked.

Where has it gone?

JJJJJ
06-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Interesting.
And what has happened to BillyT's embarassing thesis. In spite of a mail box full of messages telling me of updates, the whole thread has just disappeared.
Secret Censorship !X-( X-(
Jack

Billy T
06-11-2004, 09:03 AM
It was deleted Baldy, along with my thread on "community standards"
For the very self-same reason I posted my opinion in the first place. The uncontrolled behaviour of a very small proportion of members made it necessary for the moderators to remove them.

Both threads served a very valuable purpose though. It will not have gone unnoticed by those who read both threads, and contributed thoughtful comments, as well as the silent majority who read them but didn't wish to comment for reasons of their own, that a very high proportion of negative (and in some instances offensive and belittling) opinions were posted by a very small number of members.

They know who they are, we know who they are, and hopefully the Mods will offer them some off-line advice on forum standards.

Personally I am satisfied that the debate was held on both topics, and that some members who are unhappy about behavioural standards on Press F1 were prepared to stand up and be counted.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

Billy T
06-11-2004, 09:07 AM
> And what has happened to Billy T's embarassing thesis.

Sorry Jack, but I just have to ask: Embarrassing for whom. ?:|

Personally I feel no embarassment at all about standing up to be counted, or for promoting civilised behaviour.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :)

metla
06-11-2004, 09:16 AM
>For the very self-same reason I posted my opinion in the first place. The uncontrolled behaviour of a very small proportion of members made it necessary for the moderators to remove them.

Thats you,i'm sure many would apreciate if you stopped,if you had the ability to comprehend your thread you would have noticed the overwhelming amount of people with a negative responce not only to your sermon but to your behaviour of late,Just before the thread was deleted a number of regulers made posts expressing disapointment with you Billy,and it was people that im sure you would have been surprised by.

Although you seem to have the unique ability to be blind to everything,probally due to the glow of your halo blocking any clear vision,You live in a box old boy,decked out with mirrors.

You apear beyond help and seriously deluded,which is a great pity but its also a shame you judge others based on your limitations.Your a very small minded arrogant person.

Baldy
06-11-2004, 09:21 AM
I would make a comment of the powers of the moderator in having the right to remove threads, but will refrain. Except to say that maybe they should leave the first part of the thread there and just add a reply saying "thread removed by moderator" Even if they feel the tone is degenerating, I don't see how they have the right to remove any thread. This after all is NewZealand - not the USSR (where even there, there is free speech)

metla
06-11-2004, 09:22 AM
And Billy,even the mods think your a Knobend.

beetle
06-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Obviously us who who have been busy working and studying have no idea about these two threads......oh what it is to have a life i see....

and the amount of threads i need to catch up on is scary...

and having not been on pf1 that regularly lately must mean i now have one?:O

?:|

:D

beetle

whtafo
06-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

Kenneth Kar
06-11-2004, 09:26 AM
> >For the very self-same reason I posted my opinion in
> the first place. The uncontrolled behaviour of a very
> small proportion of members made it necessary for the
> moderators to remove them.
>
>
> Thats you,i'm sure many would apreciate if you
> stopped,if you had the ability to comprehend your
> thread you would have noticed the overwhelming amount
> of people with a negative responce not only to your
> sermon but to your behaviour of late,Just before the
> thread was deleted a number of regulers made posts
> expressing disapointment with you Billy,and it was
> people that im sure you would have been surprised
> by.
>
>
> Although you seem to have the unique ability to be
> blind to everything,probally due to the glow of your
> halo blocking any clear vision,You live in a box old
> boy,decked out with mirrors.
>
> You apear beyond help and seriously deluded,which is
> a great pity but its also a shame you judge others
> based on your limitations.Your a very small minded
> arrogant person.
>

ASSumption metla, assumption.....

Dont you get sick of the sound of your voice.... I know I do.

metla
06-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Your hearing vioces?

Baldy
06-11-2004, 09:33 AM
> ASSumption metla, assumption.....
>
> Dont you get sick of the sound of your voice.... I
> know I do.

Well we are yet to get sick of the sound of yours Kenneth in your monumental 2 postings.

Baldy
06-11-2004, 09:39 AM
I might have a virtual snipe at Metla in this forum for saying things that raise my hackles, but Billy, I respect his right to air his views. I find your self righteous rants actually far worse than the flame wars that sometimes flare up here. And actually, unhealthy.

If we all agreed, it would be a really scungy world

stu120404
06-11-2004, 09:40 AM
> It was deleted Baldy, along with my thread on
> "community standards"
> For the very self-same reason I posted my opinion in
> the first place. The uncontrolled behaviour of a
> very small proportion of members made it necessary
> for the moderators to remove them.

Billy T if you donít likes how Press F1 is moderator then you know what to do ;)

IMO These two threads where a was of time (We are here to help people) (I never read them) & I am Happy there where removed! (Also I will be seeing if this thread will be removed as well)

> Except to say that maybe they should leave
> the first part of the thread there and just add a
> reply saying "thread removed by moderator" Even if
> they feel the tone is degenerating, I don't see how
> they have the right to remove any thread.

You forget Baldy The people who Mod Press F1 are the people who own Press F1, so they can do what every they fell fit to do.

& Baldy if you donít likes how Press F1 is moderator then you know what to do ;)

Pete O\'Neil
06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
>Also I will be seeing if this thread will be removed as well
Stu do you have no life? Another couple threads that you dont like and Bruce may aswell just give you his phone number. You can be like the bat signal for PressF1 "oh no boys and girls, troubles a brewing on PF1, dont worry Stu will run to Bruce and everything will be alright"

whtafo
06-11-2004, 09:48 AM
> you dont like and Bruce may aswell just give you his
> phone number.

Provided it's not one of those word numbers that you have to spell ;-)

Baldy
06-11-2004, 10:31 AM
> > you dont like and Bruce may aswell just give you
> his
> > phone number.
>
> Provided it's not one of those word numbers that you
> have to spell ;-)
>

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

JJJJJ
06-11-2004, 10:31 AM
"Sorry Jack, but I just have to ask: Embarrassing for whom. "
If you aren't embarrased you must be as thick as a plank.
Jack

Baldy
06-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Or as a brick

JJJJJ
06-11-2004, 10:40 AM
While conceding the moderators have the right to remove threads that upset them, I question their right to do so with no explanation. And who are these moderators? I know of Bruce and Robo, but who are the chickens who just call themselves "MODERATOR" or just remove things without explanation?

I would ask Bruce to replace the two threads.

very X-( X-(

Jack

whtafo
06-11-2004, 10:44 AM
> moderators? I know of Bruce and Robo, but who are the
> chickens who just call themselves "MODERATOR" or
> just remove things without explanation?

There are other PC World moderators, however the person that uses MODERATOR is actually a regular poster that was appointed as a demi-mod.

Scouse
06-11-2004, 10:44 AM
>Provided it's not one of those word numbers that you have to spell.

Beautiful.

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
06-11-2004, 10:46 AM
> I would ask Bruce to replace the two threads.
>
> very X-( X-(

I would ask you to leave if your not liking PF1's rules. I can also assure you that it was not Bruce who deleted the thread.

JJJJJ
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM
There are other PC World moderators, however the person that uses MODERATOR is actually a regular poster that was appointed as a demi-mod.

Sure you don't mean demi-God?

Jack

JJJJJ
06-11-2004, 10:56 AM
"I would ask you to leave if your not liking PF1's rules. I can also assure you that it was not Bruce who deleted the thread."

How do you know it was not Bruce. I suppose you know who it was.

Anyway I know it was not Bruce. At least he has the guts to let us know if, and why, he locks a thread.

Is "Moderator" lacking the intestinal fortitude to explain himself? And to reveal his name. Or is he another secret God.
Jack

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
06-11-2004, 10:57 AM
I think you would find that, if you knew who exactly Moderator was, that you wouldn't be saying this. S/he is a well respected contributor by all. S/he has more capacity to make a proper decision than many others lurking around here. Can't we just let this die? Or do we have to find trouble to stir back up again?

JJJJJ
06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
I think you would find that, if you knew who exactly Moderator was, that you wouldn't be saying this. S/he is a well respected contributor by all. S/he has more capacity to make a proper decision than many others lurking around here. Can't we just let this die? Or do we have to find trouble to stir back up again?

How do you know so much? I repeat that anyone who will not give his name and explain his reasons is lacking in guts!
Jack

45South
06-11-2004, 11:17 AM
>S/he has more capacity to make a proper decision than many others lurking around here

Check out your history textbooks ~~~~~ s y ~~~~~ and you will find the ages littered with such decisionmakers
The end results were usually the annihilation of complete races, world wars, ethnic cleansing on a massive scale...........
And what gives you "more capacity" to know that she has more capacity to make a proper decision than many others lurking around here.

Baldy
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Personally thinking, I think the "removalist moderator" is either BillyT or someone that BillyT knows for him to email the "annymous moderator" to have his sermon removed, along with my one about the locked thread.

What I would like to know is how many others have been removed?

JJJJJ
06-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Good point Baldy.
Are we being taken over?
Jack

06-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I deleted those threads - Not Bruce or Robo.

Now, lets get a few things straight:
I am Moderator, that is all you need to know. I do play an active role in this community and we shall leave it at that. You dont like me? That's your perogative - But fact is that the better majority of you like my real self.
These sorts of threads are the reason some of you dont seem to like me - Because I have to keep you in line. Where is the justice in this?

Dont like me? Tough - You've gotta live with me....

For now, I have no reason to formally introduce myself. A chosen few know that Im Clark Kent and we'll leave it at that for now, savvy?!

Next:
Billy T:
Im glad you've kept your cool with this thread.
Freedom of speech? Yes, its NZ - But there were members of the forum offended by the slang and I honestly couldnt be bothered spending the time to remove the posts so I killed the whole thread. My apologies if people dislike this - But I need my beauty sleep also.

Stu:
Chill dude - I think you're trying to take a little too much of an administrative role here.
Its not your right to tell people to leave. If they want, they can come up to this decision on their own. You wouldnt like it if I was constantly hinting that you should leave would you. Dont, please. Everybody here aside from that dude with two posts have provided some very good contributions to this community, so lets let them continue alright.

Jack:
I appreciate that you feel strongly that I should be introduced, so here it goes:
Hi, Im Moderator, I may be Male or Female, Might be 10 or 100 years old but at the end of the day it doesnt matter. Demi-mod or Demi-God? I dont care, call me what you like.

Metla:
I dont think Baldy is a knobend or whatever. Leave him be and he'll leave you alone. Get your carrots outa each others faces - No biting, please!

Baldy:
I understand you like the threads being left for later reference, but I was tired and couldnt be bothered.
Try to please everybody you end up pleasing nobody - So I tried to make as many people happy as I could by killing off the thread.
Freedom of speech? Yeah dude, write whatever you want, so long as you keep the profanity/disrespect out.

Beetle:
You're not missing out on much, honest.

45South:
You want me to wipe out the human race? I see no need....

I frequent the forum so its no hassle for me to logout and login as Mod to settle any issues that arise.

Just let it die guys, keep the insults to a minimum and learn to get along.
You all have your good and bad days, just as I do.

Go outside - Its a nice day!

End of thread.