PDA

View Full Version : what,!!!!!! no pink spots????????????

theotherone
02-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Why is it that some times when I log on There are no pink spots. Now I like the pink spots and it annoys me that they are not waiting for me.
I bet all you othe rpeople have pink spots, even ernie mooore. So why don't I.
Cheers,
Rob

alphazulusixeightniner
02-11-2004, 10:26 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...

ApeNz
02-11-2004, 10:29 PM
neither do i - Pink spots ??? , on your undies

Laura
02-11-2004, 10:35 PM
At the bottom of the page - on the left
*New messages since your last visit*
And I don't know why you're spotless...

alphazulusixeightniner
03-11-2004, 12:52 AM
:^O @ undies.

> At the bottom of the page - on the left
> *New messages since your last visit*

Anyway they look red/orange to me, and I must be right because I have 100% vision in both eyes and a very expensive monitor. :p

Maybe clear your cookies to fix?

theotherone
03-11-2004, 03:19 AM
This is an intermittant problem, not helped by celebrating a win on the Melbourne cup. I logged in a moment ago after waking from an alcohol induced sleep and the pink dots were back.
I did the cookies thing just yesterday, and the dots thing happened since then.
cheers,
Rob

Laura
09-11-2004, 01:58 AM
Now I've decided I'd like to know MY answer to his "pink spots."
I've not worked out any feasible explanation so far.

When I log on, the top posts usually have them.
But once I've read those, nothing obvious changes with page changes/logons/dates - or anything I've spotted..
Consequently, they're meaningless to me, but obviously I'm missing the magic something?

It's not a big deal, but I am curious. Possibly others wonder also?
And as there's been no explanation so far in this thread, I'd be grateful if an expert would please explain.

theotherone
09-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Yep, me too, Laura.
Sometimes they are there and then when I log on another time there will be no pink dots.
I have checked to see if the auto logon has recognised my computer and yes, it is saying, "Welcome, theotherone" but the dots are not present.
Far more important than the fire-fights which are breaking out everywhere else.
Rob

Peter H
09-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Never any problems with a proper set up - W98se - IE 5.5 - no updates. Says he tongue in cheek. If you clear cookies etc it will happen.
Bye

Laura
10-11-2004, 04:58 AM
theotherone:
Make any sense so far?
Me neither...

mark c
10-11-2004, 09:39 AM
The "pink spots" which look more red orange to me like someone has already said, indicate new posts since you were last here.
I guess it's done with cookies. When you get the page displayed a check is made with the relevant cookies on your comp to see if something has been added since your last visit.

If you clear off the cookies between one session here and the next there is no way to tell if one of the threads you have read or contributed to has had anymore added to it so you will not see any dots.

If you haven't cleared out your cookies the information can be retrieved and the threads which have had an addition will be marked with a red/orange pink whatever dot.

HTH. Bit early in the morning still. :D