PDA

View Full Version : OT: One week to go : H A L O 2 !

miknz
02-11-2004, 08:41 PM
I've just seen the promo ad on telly for Halo 2 and it has got me wondering how many of you in Pf1 land have preordered or plan to get Halo 2 for your xbox's.

I don't really want this thread to revolve around people bagging xbox (as sometimes happens), but would prefer your responses to focus on what will become the game of the year and your thoughts/expectations on it. I for one have had mine preordered for some months and will be sitting down for a huge Halo session next week.

I am sure that a lot of you guys will be as anxious as I am so give me your thoughts, I look forward to your comments!

Mik

Chilling_Silence
02-11-2004, 08:45 PM
As soon as I can get my XBox fixed - Then yeah - I'll get it!!!!

metla
02-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Initial reviews(from dodgy sources) have ranged from absolute crap,to not bad to steller,Personally i don't see it as anything to get excited about but that doesn't mean the game will be poor.

My xbox is for sale.....

miknz
02-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the wet blanket Metla

Chilling_Silence
02-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Metla:
I would gladly pay for shipping to Auckland so I can "Safely dispose" of your XBox, should nobody wish to purchase it ;-)

alphazulusixeightniner
02-11-2004, 09:32 PM
What is Halo 2 going to bring to the Xbox? Apparently they're saying it will be the biggest sick day ever. Halo 1 wasn't even very good.

Surely they can't improve the graphics any more? 640x480... Hmm maybe they'll use some Antialiasing to get rid of the blockyness - nah that would stress that 733mhz processor too much.

metla
02-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Sorry,I didnt realise you only wanted Halo fanboy comments, and even though i didnt rip on the Xbox or the game it still wasn't an opinon that fits into your pre-designated structure.

lagbort
02-11-2004, 09:47 PM
on another note, 17 days to nfsu2 :p

jferg
02-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Come on guys , grow up, Myst Series is real gaming for big boys!
Revelation iv is OUT

metla
02-11-2004, 10:30 PM
My Mum is the only person i know with a copy of Myst.

ApeNz
02-11-2004, 10:31 PM
are you over looking HALF LIFE II , man you guys got to get with it

jferg
02-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Your Mum is a wise one...Mum knows best

Greg S
02-11-2004, 10:47 PM
> My Mum is the only person i know with a copy of Myst.

:^O :^O

metla
02-11-2004, 11:09 PM
woohoo....hijacked thread,I think me dear old mum has been mentioned more times then Halo2.....

Anyhow,for pure gaming badness,the recently released V8 mod for f1 Challenge is where all the action is,If you have any interest in PC raceing games (by this i mean games that make use of the capabilities of a PC to give a kick ass experience,not inferior ports from consoles) then this is a must have.

Copy of f1 challenge required.
A Wheel is a must.

http://www.v8gaming.com/

and a ss

http://www.v8gaming.com/screenies/V8SC_2004_basin.jpg

Greg S
02-11-2004, 11:15 PM
> woohoo....hijacked thread

It happens.

What's your opinion of GTA:SA? The guys on my forum are getting serious bloodshot eyes from playing it, saying it's the greatest.

metla
02-11-2004, 11:23 PM
I won't have a real opinion untill the PC version is released,But im looking foward to it,the prior 2 games were 2 of the best i have ever played,and reading up on the available info SA seems to take it a step futher.

The only reservations i have is the setting,Gangsta land,Hate the look,the language,the music,the hype,how its portrayed,the clothes,etc etc.

Hopefully the gameplay will be that good i will be able to live it,...

And if you ever come across it,The book about Monster Cody is a good read,the true story of life in that part of town.....Most of em deserve to be shot multiple times.

Greg S
02-11-2004, 11:27 PM
> I won't have a real opinion untill the PC version is
> released

Ah! Doh me - no wonder I couldn't find a PC review of the game! :8}

alphazulusixeightniner
03-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I don't have the time nor inclination to play games like Myst 4 which is basically playing a game similiar to selecting options you see in a fancy DVD menu.

You point and click, the DVD loads some nice photorealistic scenery, you have to move the "hand" or mouse around and if you want to move to a different area you make it point there. Then it loads another DVD scene again etc. I feel a novel is more fast paced.

chiefnz
03-11-2004, 01:47 AM
I have pre-ordered Halo 2... and I"m looking forward to playing it.

I must admit that FPS don't exactly suit the console genre. It took me a while to get my co-ordination skills to a decent level with Halo1.

I've been following Halo 2 closely, I think it's going to be huge.

As far as graphics etc are concerned it looks really good.

I think the biggest thing that will get Halo fans going in Halo 2 are things like attention to detail and also a wider range of use for the weapons like target tracking for the rocket launcher etc.

Personally I think that overall Halo 2 will be a big success, and hopefully the PC version will be better than the Halo 1 (which is quite playable on PC) despite bad comments regarding the conversion.

I have NFS:underground 2 on pre-order as well and that is going be huge too.

cheers

chiefnz