PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle PC's?

Space_coyote
02-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey guys,

Just looking for some help, I've just bought a Shuttle SB52G PC, containing an FB52 mainboard and the intel 845GV chipset. I installed everything (twice), but it won't do anything when I turn it on - The power and HDD lights come on, the fans start, but no boot sequence. The monitor just stays in standby, and theres no power to the keyboard, FDD or CDROM.

Has anyone struck this problem? Any suggestions? If not I'm planning to return it to the supplier.

Thanks in advance for any help!

drb1
02-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Disconnect from wall, let it do a memory dump, if it dosent post after that.

Take it back.

D.

CeeBee
02-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi

Does the PC make the "on post beep"?

CeeBee

ApeNz
02-11-2004, 10:36 PM
could be something like a loose ATA wire - remember even if you do things twice you might do it the same way both times

Greg S
02-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Vid card correctly connected?

Space_coyote
03-11-2004, 12:10 AM
No beeps, no ram count, nothing. I've checked all the ATA wires are secure and the right way round, tried reinstalling the RAM cards and all else. My guess is that the BIOS is corrupted, or that theres a power problem somewhere. It looks like time to return it...

Thanks guys!

alphazulusixeightniner
03-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Plugged in the ATX connector? Little 4 point thing which comes out of the PSU and goes into the motherboard. Most later motherboards require them.

I assume you have to connect little wires from the shuttle case to the motherboard for the power switch to work, or is that already done for you?? I would check they are round the right way +/- etc.

CPU installed properly? CPU fan plugged into mobo? Might not boot if it doesn't detect one.

Try plugging in just the minimal stuff like the CPU, RAM & Graphics card and see if it does anything.