PDA

View Full Version : avg back up

ferrite
28-10-2004, 07:35 PM
hi can anybody tell me if its possible to do a complete back up to cd of avg plus all up to date virus def .i need to do a destructive restore over the weekend.and would like it fully up to date when i go back online.win xp home ad.thanx in advance.

ferrite
28-10-2004, 07:44 PM
avg 7 payed edition.

Pheonix
28-10-2004, 08:39 PM
If you still have your licence/sales number, just download an updated version here (http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php) as you will be asked for it before you can download.

If you have the original installation, just save the c:\program files\Grisoft folder and once installed on the new PC, copy the saved folder over the top of the install.

ferrite
28-10-2004, 09:22 PM
cool thanx didn't know forsure weather it would work.there is a set up file in the folder but no exe.its a catch 22.go on line to get virus protection but the viruses will get you first.

tweak\'e
28-10-2004, 09:30 PM
save the orginal installer and the update folder. after installing coy the update folder over and run AVG. it should pickup the updates and install them.

Rob99
28-10-2004, 11:24 PM
In the free version all the updates go into the "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\UPDATE" folder, maybe it's the same with V7. Just burn that folder to CD.
Do you still have the origional install file as you will need this to reinstall.
Girsoft also has old updates avaliable you could download the oldest one that would bring it up to date, this would be my perferred way as only one update file would be needed.

ferrite
29-10-2004, 01:16 AM
thanx.i must have deleted it .damn.

Pheonix
29-10-2004, 08:47 AM
If you have saved the Grisoft folder as I advised, the update folder is a "subfolder" of it anyway.