PDA

View Full Version : Using TV to view photoes from laptop

seagypsy
28-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Is it possible that someone could explain (in simple terms) how I can get my Asus L2000E laptop to show photoes on TV screen. I am connecting with a "C1070 RCA plug to RCA Plug" with connector into laptop and using Windows XP.
In laptop manual, it says that function on F9 key should show "TV Icon" but it doesn't.
I have also been into Properties; settings; advanced - but can't see anything there to change to TV monitor.
Is there something that I should have installed? & how would I look for it to see if it is there or not?
Would appreciate any help.
Regards,
seagypsy

Pete O\'Neil
28-10-2004, 03:19 PM
What video chipset does your laptop use? ATi, nVidia or Intel? Each manufactuers drivers/software is a lil different. A quick google using the correct manufactuers name and "how use tv out" should bring back some quides.

metla
28-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Put the tv into AV mode.

Spacemannz
28-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Has the laptop got a cd burner on it??

It would be easier if it has and u have something like Nero, to make a video cd. And once the cd has been finalised, if u have a external DVD player connected to the TV, it'll show them.

The only way I got something to come onto the TV here, was to connect a lead from the RCA video out, on the videocard and connect it to video in on the video, and connect the video out from the video to the TV's video in RCA socket. This is on a desktop, and using the Nvidia drivers, I use for this videocard, I have installed at the mo. I got it going with no drivers, BUT then I couldnt change the resolution. So, in the end I installed the drivers for the card, and at the mo, everything works fine with the connection going to the TV.

CYaBro
28-10-2004, 03:32 PM
metla's on the right track.

Plug everything in then turn on the TV and put it onto AV (may need to check you TV as some have more than one AV input)
Then turn on the laptop and it should detect the TV automatically.

seagypsy
28-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Yes, I have a CD burner and I tried that method - yes it works fine.
I think at this stage it might be the easiest option. Many thanks,
Seagypsy

seagypsy
28-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Thank-you for all of your replies, much appreicated. With a bit of time, I am sure I can follow through on these ideas.
Not sure what sort of video chipset I have, will endeavour to find out.
Will also try the other suggestions.
CD - as per other reply. Had already tried this, and know it works!
Thanks everyone.
Cheers,
Seagypsy

metla
28-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I hooked one of these up the other day,no configuration needed,just use the supplied cable and av cable of desired length,plug it in the tv AV port,put the tv into AV mode and bobs your aunty.

Spacemannz
28-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Well it did work here by plugging it into the front TV AV in/out BUT only in B&W.

Going thru the video in/out it came out in colour, when I changed it to AV.

And yup it also worked with no drivers, BUT then the tuner wouldnt work without the videocard drivers. And u couldnt change the resolution.

So, I had to install them.

metla
28-10-2004, 04:29 PM
I was referring to ASUS laptops.

And if you got the picture in b&w then that usually means the output was set to nsct,Changing it to PAL would have sorted it.

Spacemannz
28-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Well youre right there. Altho it was on Auto before and didnt go in colour but for some reason now it does. I just tried it in the front AV on the TV and it's colour. It definitely wasnt on NTSC tho.