PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Satellite M30 Data Projection Problem

Tawa Intermediate
27-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Our school has recently purchased a Satellite M30 through the school laptop scheme.
I can play a video using video media player 9.
This I can do on the laptop and using Fn F5 through the data projector.
I am unable to see it playing on the laptop and the data projector at the same time.
When I have the program open on the laptop and the data projector at the same time the video plays on the laptop and media player opens on the data projector but the video does not play on the data projector screen.
I am able to see the video on both screens on other computers.
Any suggestions how I can get both screens to work together.

whtafo
27-10-2004, 02:49 PM
It's something to do with Overlay I think, or possibly Direct X.

My flatmates PC does the same when using the TV Out with his NVIDIA card.

Curiously it doesn't do it when played with Windows Media Player 6 (WMP Classic) - try that.

whtafo
27-10-2004, 02:56 PM
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/media_player_classic.html

Bletch
27-10-2004, 04:38 PM
This is a problem that can occur on lower end/ultra portable laptops sold on the last 2 years or so. I'm not sure on this, but I think is is caused by the graphics chipset conflicting with the software (maybe the NVidia drivers?). Anyway, the end result is that the video only displays on the promary monitor. The way to get around this is to oprn the windows display properties and change the projector to thr promary display. That way the laptop will be the one no dosplaying the video (but it will still display everything else) and the video will display on the projector. Just remember to put it back when you are done. I asigned a hotkey sequence for this - CTRL+ALT+D for the projector mode (D standing for DVD) and CTRL+ALT+N for the normal mode.

Bletch

beama
28-10-2004, 06:10 AM
solution
put it on (toggle the fn and diplay select key) external display only BEFORE starting the movie, the driver isnt strong enough to run both displays we also use the MOE toshiba range it will also apply to playing dvd's

beama
28-10-2004, 07:00 AM
if you wish to contact me Cathie
beama_1 at hotmail dot com

there are some other issues you may come across