PDA

View Full Version : Epson printer - wont print

beetle
20-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Ok have a epson stylis C61,
wouldnt print yesterday for some reason didnt think much of it just thought it was out of ink so went aand got a new black ink, still doesnt print.
worked all through the trouble shooter, on XP still not printing, wont feed paper and doesnt charge the ink on a head clean etc.
Have downloaded drivers and installed and still no difference.
Status monitor is not picking up how much ink is available,

so any ideas for me to try?

cos it is rather annoying, saved doc to floppy as this is the only thing i have thats empty and going to try to print it out on work comp.

need it tomorow, and it just aint happening, so am wondering what i did or triggered off to stop it working, it turns on and off fine, red ink / paper light stays on,

XP,
Word - this is what im trying to print.

beetle

metla
20-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Its either driver or mechanical,if its driver just delete the printer off the system and reinstall the software.

Its trickier if its mechanical,there are some that service em but they tend to last a very short time before failing with the exact same problem...

Oh,hope the ink didnt cost ya much,could have given you one at less then half of retail

beetle
20-10-2004, 10:18 PM
EEEEkkkkk managed to reinstall and hung it .....LOL oh im so good at this crap.

and now i see its out of colour ink and wont print.....

so have to wait till next week to get some............

do you stock ink?

so its still as good as useless, but other puter printed ok.

oh i need this like a hole in the head.

thanxs for the help.

beetle

metla
20-10-2004, 10:23 PM
No i don't usually stock ink,but it just so happens i got in a batch today including a black and a colour for the C61.

In my experience once printers go bad they rarely ever get back on the straight and narrow.

beetle
20-10-2004, 10:28 PM
LOL
you just happen to have !!!! LOL

well i am at school the rest of the week so that stuffs me up for shopping anyway.

and if it has all ink it should run fine again?

Why have you got ink when you dont normally?

and you just happen to stock same brand, number that beetle uses????

?:|

yeah and doesnt matter what it is, if beetle owns it, it has a short life span anyway....................... :^O

and you bought it for mr nobody ?

beetle

metla
20-10-2004, 10:34 PM
I have sold in the past quite a few c41,c43,c45 and c61 epson printers,so from time to time i get a swag of catridges in,The C61 catridges i get in for of a client who i know gets ink off me,but it tends to be about once every 4 months so i won't hit any deadlines before they come back in looking for a top-up...