PDA

View Full Version : Auto completion in Opera

Cymbalz
20-10-2004, 01:10 PM
When i'm using Firefox there are several sites that will complete details when I have only entered the first letter. Sites such as those that need my bank account number, my library card number, the Jetstream Usagemeter and even searches in Trademe. How can I setup this facility in Opera?

johnboy
20-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Try this
Automatically filling in personal information in forms

In Opera, you can enter your personal information to predefined fields that you often use in forms on web pages, such as name, e-mail address, etc. You can access these settings from Opera's preferences:

Windows: File > Preferences > Personal information
Linux: File > Preferences > Identity
Mac: File > Preferences > Personal information

These can be applied by right-clicking in a form field and choosing an option from the "Insert personal" menu option, or simply by pressing arrow down when you stand in the form field.

If you have turned on the option "Enable auto completion dropdown" in Opera's preferences (Preferences > Mouse and Keyboard), this information will be available from an auto completion dropdown menu which is activated when you type information into a form field.

hth

Cymbalz
20-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Thank you johnboy. I'll check through the process. I guess it's a different setup to the easy one in Firefox