PDA

View Full Version : MSVDM ?

neptune
18-10-2004, 08:11 PM
i have got this annoying programme on my taskbar...allowing to switche between diff desktop screens.

I dont know where it came from. Is this spyware or part of Windows PX
How can i get rid of it? It doesnt show in Add/Remov

metla
18-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Virtual Desktop Manager is a Microsoft Powertoy for Windows XP. It allows you to maintain up to 4 different desktops, each with it`s own applications and desktop wallpapers. It integrates into the taskbar and allows you to quickly switch between your virtual desktops. You can also assign keyboard hotkeys to switch between or preview all 4 desktops at once. For example, you can open your e-mail program on one desktop, an Internet chess game on the second, several Internet sessions on the third, and multiple database sessions on the fourth.

Spacemannz
18-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Did you install something like this??

Virtual Desktop Manager Powertoy ??

neptune
18-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I didnt install it as far as i know.
It just popped up now.

How can i uninstall/disable it metla as i do have windows xp power toys

metla
18-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Off the top of my head its either through an applet in your control panel or an entry in your start menu,there will be someway of configuring powertools so that the Desktop app isnt enabled.

Sorry i cant be more presice but its been awhile since i played with powertoys(ouch!),someone will come along with a more clearcut answer sooner or later.

wlwever
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Go to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations (Or location where you stored Power Tools) and click on Downloaded Installations in the left pane.

Then click on Virtual Desktop Manager just like you are installing it. Then watch for the Uninstall option. Click on it and the Virtual Desktop will be uninstalled.

Wayne.....