PDA

View Full Version : Getting decent colour prints

Supertrooper
15-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Ok before I start I know a few people will probably want to recommend I get my files printed by one of the multitude of print shops/photo stores/online services - and in all honesty it's a great idea.

However - I have a perfectly good Epson Stylus Photo 700 printer sitting here attached to my computer and I'd like to print the occasional photo out in reasonable quality.

I know it's capable of doing it - I just haven't worked out how yet.

The problem is this:

When I go to print, the pics always seem to come out with a rather pinkish/reddish tinge to them. Whites aren't white, they have this tinge as well. I have tried adjusting the colour saturation levels on the file itself (using Paint Shop Pro) and while what I see on the screen looks great - what comes out of the printer doesn't. I even reduced the saturation level to the point where the image on the screen was just about black and white, yet the amount of colour printed out didn't drop back that much (although it had dropped in comparison to the previous print).

Is there an easier way to make sure that what's on the screen is what comes out of the printer?

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro.

beama
15-10-2004, 06:50 AM
are using a non Epson paper Or a competing brand paper, ie HP paper. Believe or not this makes a difference as the chemical make up of the paper and ink ie hp paper is desiigned for hp inks. Try Ilford paper (pearl) be warned though it is 280gsm which is out spec for most printers or match the brand of photo paper to the brand of printer ie epson to epson paper
Also check your print driver the epsom printers a very customizable as far as color profiles staturation etc