PDA

View Full Version : freeaddrinfo

BernieL
14-10-2004, 09:39 PM
I get an intermittent error that says "The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll" I have searched through Microsoft and get all sorts of info but nothing I can understand! Help me to get rid of this message, please. I have been advised that I may have to repair or reinstall IE6 but don't know if this is true and if it is how do I do it!
Thanks.

johnboy
14-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Did you see this page.?? here (http://www.it-faq.pl/mskb/822/334.HTM)
hth

BernieL
14-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Thanks. I've found the prog. "Visual Studio" by doing a serach but I keep opening folders until I get to a point where I can't because I don't know what to open it with. I assume from the link I am to follow through the "steps to reproduce the behaviour."

lila
28-03-2005, 04:58 PM
I get an intermittent error that says "The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll" I have searched through Microsoft and get all sorts of info but nothing I can understand! Help me to get rid of this message, please. I have been advised that I may have to repair or reinstall IE6 but don't know if this is true and if it is how do I do it!
Thanks.
Hi. This is Lila. First time on this site. I need your help. I too receive an intermittent message saying "The procedure entry point freeaddrinfo could not be loacted in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll"

How do I get rid of this message? Did you ever get any direction on this matter? Please help. My email is [edit: email addy removed]

Regards...

Jen
28-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi lila

I have removed your email address from your post, as posting it on a public website such as this means spam bots searching the web will find it and you will end up on a spammers mailing list. You will find help is better achieved by posting in this thread rather than people emailing you personally. Just check back here for replies regularly or subscribe to this thread so that you get email notifications of replies. :)

bbondy
02-03-2007, 07:56 PM
The error you mentioned happens on win2k and prior.

To get around it, include these 2 files at the end of your stdafx.h (or at the top of your cpp files just after the stdafx.h)

#include <Ws2tcpip.h>
#include <Wspiapi.h>

You should also probably check your defines for win2k minimal support:
WINVER=0x0500;WIN32_WINNT=0x0500;_WIN32_IE=0x0600

Thanks,
Brian R. Bondy
http://www.brianbondy.com

R2x1
03-03-2007, 01:14 AM
The error you mentioned happens on win2k and prior.

To get around it, include these 2 files at the end of your stdafx.h (or at the top of your cpp files just after the stdafx.h)

#include <Ws2tcpip.h>
#include <Wspiapi.h>

You should also probably check your defines for win2k minimal support:
WINVER=0x0500;WIN32_WINNT=0x0500;_WIN32_IE=0x0600

Thanks,

Possibly solved earlier?

bevy121
03-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Possibly solved earlier?

LOL - I would think so too.... the question was asked around 2 1/2 years ago! :groan:

bbondy
05-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Earlier posts didn't have the answer that I needed. It wasn't to help the original person, but to help future people that find this thread via the same search/problem that I had.
;)