PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted logo appesrs during Windows 87 boot-up

Scrutator
14-10-2004, 06:00 PM
A commercial website which I recently visited has embedded its Company logo into my Windows 98 start-up process; the effect being that this unwanted logo appears on my desktop during boot-up immediately after the Windows 98 trademark disappears.

The unwanted company's logo remains on the desktop until just before the desktop is fully in place.

The offending logo briefly reappears during the log-off / shutdown routine.

In which directory and sub-directory will the logo be located, and having located the logo file, will an conventional deletion be sufficient to alleviate the problem?

Spacemannz
14-10-2004, 06:08 PM
I would check msconfig / sysedit (type this in start/run). See what appears in startup tab. Its most probably running under this somewhere.

So it boots on startup. Or whatever it is, it might be in the startup folder under start/program files.

Or try installing Spybot, or Adware. See if one of these can pick it up. Or Hijackthis.

Murray P
14-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Does it appear before or after the logon box. If it's before you might have to dig pretty deep and carefully to winkle it out. Check out google or the MS Knowledge Base for win 98 splash screen. This'll (http://www.cybertechhelp.com/html/tutorials/tutorial.php/id/29) get you started depending on when it starts.

Send a politely abusive email to the wemaster of that site ;)

Cheers Murray P