PDA

View Full Version : red crosse - white boxes

kbcad
14-10-2004, 01:56 PM
I was looking at an HP site for keyboard specs, but a lot of the detail appeared to be inaccessible, replaced by red crosses in small white boxes. This is probably something on my PC blocking access. All help to resolve this much appreciated. Running Win XP SP1 on a Dell Dimension 4600, Nortons AV, Win Explorer. KB

mark c
14-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Maybe you've got images turned off in yr browser. Sounds like the little icon that pops up that says "there's an image in this place here but you can't see it" because of various reasons.

Graham L
14-10-2004, 02:01 PM
That indicates that the box is a picture, but you haven't got an appropriate plugin to display that particular graphic type. It's possible that you have displaying of pictures disabled, but you might have noticed that. ;-)

kbcad
14-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks, guys, for replying. I think you are both right, but this is a fairly recent happening, and I don't know what's brought it on (perhaps loading SP2 a week ago, and having to unload it again?) But which setting is the one to fix it? KB

mark c
14-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Well, I don't use IE much anymore but go to........

Tools | Internet Options | Advanced and then scroll down to multimedia. I know you'd probably know if you turned it off yourself but then.......

........funny things do happen.:D

kbcad
14-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi, Mark - the box that says "show pictures" is already ticked. Don't understand it. KB.

Graham L
14-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Have you got high security settings? Perhaps paranoid security might be stopping the display of JPEG pictures.

kbcad
14-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Mark, I right clicked on one of the white boxes with the red cross, and got the option to "show picture" No change. Properties for the box and others showed "bug.cgi"
KB

kbcad
14-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi, Graham - Irun Zone Alarm Pro, and it is set high. Will do some checks. KB