PDA

View Full Version : Restoration of corrupted Microsoft Networking

roygretn
14-10-2004, 12:41 PM
For some reason Windows Networking has become corrupted as shown by (i) at startup a Windows Networking window appears with "Unable to load the dynamic link library file msn32.dll. The system cannot find the file specified. Some or all of the following feature is not available Windows Networking." and (ii) I have lost the ability to store my DUN password and must retype it every time I make contact with my ISP. The "missing file" is clearly still in C:\Windows\System [and I transferred a copy back toC:\Windows just in case it was being looked for there]
How do I reinstall an uncorrupted version of Windows Networking ?

Spacemannz
14-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Are you using Windows 98??

Remove networking in control panel, and reinstall it. You MIGHT need the Windows cd so the files can be reinstalled.

roygretn
15-10-2004, 05:24 PM
After posting this query I googled msn32.dll and found a site which solved the problem. From Control Panel/Network, Removed Microsoft Networking then Added Client before Adding back Microsoft Networking, all within same session without allowing a reboot on the way, just rebooting after the three changes and problem solved so can be removed from this listing. Thanks
roygretn