devo101
13-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Hi guys, just assembled a new system consisting of
Asus k8V SE Deluxe MB
AMD 64 CPU
1 x Seagate Sata HDD

and a few other niceities....anyways.....heres my problem
I go to load win XP home SP1a Im booting to
CD then FDD then HDD the CD boots up fine to install windows, loads a few install files but then cant find my HDD, everything is pugged in OK, cos I ran seagate disc wizard to "prep" and interegate HDD and it all seemed to recognise it OK, but win xp refuses to find the HDD and of course install stops....... Im running 1 single sata drive on sata 1 port of MB (ie: not using raid setup)....any ideas......as I said everything is brand new and disk wizard seems to recognise HDD but not XP any ideas as to how to help would be great.

thanks
Devo

Lohsing
13-10-2004, 10:00 PM
When it gives you the option to install a raid driver (hit F6) take it and insert the motherboard CD Rom that contains all the drivers.

This will install the SATA driver necessary to recognise and use the hard drive.

Lo.

Jams
13-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey Devo.

read up on this thread i posted a week or so ago with the same prob. this did the trick :).

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=52047

or if that doesn't work. just click my username and scroll through my posts till you find one titled "installing WinXP with SATA HDD".

Cheers
Jams.

devo101
13-10-2004, 10:22 PM
hiya, tried that allready, but can only install from floppy disk and I have no idea which drivers to copy from CD rom to floppy to make it work :-(

devo101
13-10-2004, 10:23 PM
hiya jams, i had a look but it doesnt really sound the same problem as mine, windows loads a heap of files then refuses to find the HDD :-(

Lohsing
13-10-2004, 10:56 PM
> hiya, tried that allready, but can only install from
> floppy disk and I have no idea which drivers to copy
> from CD rom to floppy to make it work :-(

Quick search on Google will reveal the correct driver. Someone else has had the same issues as you!

Here (http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=17567).

Lo.

greenglass
14-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Check that the sata drive is connected to the sata 1 connecter by the AGP slot, then in the bios 'Advanced' menu make sure the 'Internal Sata IDE Interface' is [enabled].
Cheers

devo101
14-10-2004, 03:46 PM
cool thanks the HDD is definatly connected to SATA 1 so i will give the bios idea a try cheers

devo101
14-10-2004, 03:49 PM
cheers for that, sounds like my problem, appreciate that!

I will have another go tonight

Spacemannz
14-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Just as long as uve got the main connection to the SATA on SATA 1 on the mobo. And connected a power adapter from a spare molex, it should get picked up. 1 SATA doesnt necessarily need the drivers to install XP onto it. (If youre NOT using RAID). On a clean install XP setup SHOULD detect it, if its enabled in the BIOS (On enhanced mode), if u use XP/2K and compatibility mode, if you use other O/S's.

I use 1 SATA on an ASUS P4P800 np at all. I just partitioned it, and installed XP onto the 20gb partition...

Jams
14-10-2004, 04:49 PM
have a look on your Mobo drivers CD ROM. read through all the readme's. possibly the readme in the same folder as the Sata Drivers. their should be a readme telling you what files to copy to the floppy disk. once you do that. hit F6 when WinXP setup tells you to to load 3rd party Drivers with the floppy in the A:.

you will then have to choose the right driver to load. one with the words "WinXP SATA Driver". should do the trick.