PDA

View Full Version : desktop changed unexpectedly

theother1
13-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Hello PF1ers,
I know that this will have happened to you before as it has happened to me, but I don't know the answer and hence can't fix the problem myself this time. Last night I set my Asus laptop to hibernate and went to sleep. This morning when I turned it on the entire desktop, icons and the icon names and the start bar were all supersized. and rearranged. I don't like it and want my previous view back. Does any one have an answer for me?
Much appreciation in advance.
Rob

theother1
13-10-2004, 07:06 PM
yep I forgot, asus A2500H win XPPro, IE, OE, AVG, ZA, Spybot, adaware etc

Oxie
13-10-2004, 07:39 PM
theother1

Perhaps your resolution has changed and needs to be changed back to what you had before?

Also check the size of the icons. Right click the desktop, choose Properties and the Appearance tab. Click on Effects and ensure there is no tick next to Use large icons.

Oxie (Lyn)

godfather
13-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Even though Windows support hibernation, only a small percentage of available hardware can actually use it reliably.

The first question is, have you shut down and cold booted (not a restart)?

If so, and it did not fix it, the failure of hibernation has probably wiped out your system drivers, and you need to reload them from the CDs supplied with the laptop (or downloaded from the makers site).

theother1
13-10-2004, 07:46 PM
resolution was the thing thanks Lyn. I don't know why computers do that stuff unbidden but I will remember it for the future.
Cheers,
Rob