PDA

View Full Version : accessibility display options windows xp

stevesumner
12-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Hello helpful people,

I was fiddling with my accessibility options and I told the wizard I was blind, I made some changes but then clicked cancel. The dialog box said if I clicked 'yes' I would save the changes I had made, if I clicked 'no' then my changes would be discarded. I clicked 'no' and all the settings were changed anyway...

My big annoyance now is that I have these ugly great blurry icons in my taskbar, IE favourites, start > programs icons etc. I have tried everything to change them back to their original size including using the accessibility wizard again to set things to normal. Nothing seems to work. I am sure there is a really easy way to do this but I can't think what it is.

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers

Rob99
12-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Try squirting acid in your eyes, or squint.

Rob99
12-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Or goto Start > Help and click accessibility

Murray P
12-10-2004, 01:22 PM
I use win 2k, but try this anyway. right click an empty space on your desktop and choose Properties > Appearance tab > Scheme drop down list and choose Windows Standard with desktop in the lower dropdown list. You may have to change the lower list to reset other items in the upper. Next go to the Effects tab and uncheck "Use large icons" if it is checked.

Don't know if that will work for you but it might make things more comfortable while you sort it out.

Cheers Murray P

beama
12-10-2004, 01:46 PM
control panel...accessabilty options... display tab... settings

stevesumner
12-10-2004, 02:07 PM
I have tried right-clicking the start button, changing to classic start menu, using the customise button to change the icons back to "normal" or small.
I've done the right-click on the desktop, display settings, right-clicking the taskbar and customizing from there etc.

As I said in my first post, I tried using the accessibility wizard and changed the icon setting to "normal" or 'small' or whatever it was, but the large icons remain. No changes I make are taking effect.

I'm not stupidly cancelling changes when I shouldn't and vice versa.

Nothing works

johnboy
12-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Go to this page there is a tweak to reset your accessibility options which may work
here (http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm)
hth