PDA

View Full Version : from jepg to psf

Heather J
11-10-2004, 07:27 PM
A lady down the road bought a Speed GD550 digital camera in Hong Kong, came home and downloaded the images to her computer fine, then the grandchildren came along and said "can we have a look at your camera?" eekkk, , now when she dowload images they have psf file extension whereas before it was jepg and her computer is unable to open them. Any ideas on how to remedy the camera so it downloads jepg file extension images. Thanks so much.

godfather
11-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Thats not a valid or known image format file extension.

Hard to say what is going wrong, but if she is using Windows XP simply do not use any camera supplied software.

When plugged in the camera will show up in Windows Explorer as a removable drive. Access the camera memory from there to copy the photos direct from the camera to the Hard Drive, and then open them up.

Unfortunately its not a camera thats available here, so if its an odd "raw" image camera specific setting thats causing the camera itself to change the image filetype, you need to consult the camera manual.

Heather J
12-10-2004, 08:04 AM
Thanks so much godfather. I will read the camera manual, (thank goodness its in English) and hopefully get a clue from that. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Spacemannz
13-10-2004, 07:37 PM
psf does exist. Just read that Acdsee and Photoshop reads this format. If u rename the extension to jpg. Not too sure if other programs will though.

Heather J
15-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks so much for that information, much appreciated. I am sure I have a copy of Acdsee somewhere so will load that onto her computer. The manual was extremely basic, no help there. We will keep working on trying to get them to download as JEPG.

Murray P
15-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Here (http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=PSF) are the programmes PSF is associated with. I would guess that amongst that lot it most likey to be a PhotStudio Graphic file which is a ArcSoft file. I have a few on my PC because I have the ArcSoft software which came with a Canon scanner.

You'll be able to view it with XnView (http://www.xnview.com/), theres also a file converter, Nconvert. They're both free for non-commercial use.

Cheers Murray P

Graham L
15-10-2004, 03:42 PM
The camera didn't do it. :D JPEG is a standard format.

The kids may have looked at the pictures with some viewer (ACDCEE?) then "Saved As" and selected the weird format. I would change them back, and if ACDCEE can do this remove it from the computer. :D And the kids. ;-)

Murray P
15-10-2004, 03:50 PM
My guess is it is a PhotoStudio file, which is an album programme for archiving your scanned, camera or otherwise dowloaded images. It's often comes bundled with hardware.

Cheers Murray P