PDA

View Full Version : Online sellers

metla
11-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Someone has been busy ranking/sorting NZ sellers by um....well a criteria they have come up with,might be of some interest.

http://www.ijs.co.nz/pcparts.htm

Must have taken a fair amount of work to get it to the state its in,and i made Group A....woohooo.....

alphazulusixeightniner
11-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Registered for business and whitepages... not really much to go on there. What about rank in order of customer sevice, delivery and pricing?

andrew93
11-10-2004, 05:38 PM
What an odd website! I can think of half a dozen IT companies that are missing (no sour grapes on my part - we are happy being anonymous!) and I agree that the requirements for getting into group 1 (isn't it funny how we naturally assume group 1 is better!) are pretty unusual.

Who is the self-appointed classifier of computer-related companies in the white pages and companies office? None other than Mr Craig Carey, who while measuring others on the public availability of their information, gives nothing more than his longitude and latitude for his location! See the bottom of his webpage (http://www.ijs.co.nz/index.htm). Although in fairness he does provide an e-mail address.

My 2c

metla
11-10-2004, 07:18 PM
roflmao.

Notice the page is called "Online NZ parts retailers that are not to cheap"

Seems he has just dropped the cheapest companies altogether as unworthy,then looked the others up in the phone book,then dismiised all those without a page displaying Motherboards to his liking.

Still,it does serve the purpose of grouping which are the real companies.....um,to what realistic end i do not know.....

Baldy
11-10-2004, 10:36 PM
A stranger website I have yet to see.
Gobledegook, so much gobbledegook!

drb1
11-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Metla,

You have to be a Telescam lister to qualify for a decent rating.

Seems very Biased to me.

Also cuts out most of the Very competitive/Cheap asian suppliers.

Who is/are these people? What is there real agend?

Good to see you made cat 1 anyway = your promotion is doing something +tive for you.

D.

ferrite
11-10-2004, 11:48 PM
hey metla.i was lookin at ure web site,dont need to buy anything right now but would be worth a trip down there to see the fluffy slippers..

mikebartnz
12-10-2004, 12:03 AM
Total waste of time. One of the largest makers of PC's in NZ doesn't get listed. He reckons they don't have a stable web site even though I have been there regularly.