PDA

View Full Version : A Happy Tale...camera

dipstick01
09-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Just a happy story. My 6 month old Panasonic Camera started playing up and displaying a black LCD although it had the menu overlay appearing so obviously had power. I tried the cards and batteries in an identical camera and no problem so I sent it off to Panasonic to get serviced. Turns out it was a faulty iris causing the problem. 2 days after sending the camera off I had a phone call from the service tech telling me the problem and explaining that they had no spare parts at the moment and they were not due in country till the 10th. This was on the 3rd. I explained that we had a new baby and he said he would see what he could do. I got a phone call 2 days later from Panasonic saying to duck into the shop I had purchased the camera from and they had a new replacement sitting there with my name on it. The nicest thing about it was the camera had also been updated to the latest model.
Now that is what I call customer service.

beetle
09-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh that is so cool, well done.

get snapping then. best of luck then.
nice to hear other people out there getting great service for once.

:D

beetle

mark c
09-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Yes I agree beetle, nice to hear a positive story. :)

And dipstick01 congrats on the new baby. (What kind of comp will he/she have when they are a teenager?) the mind boggles :D

Baldy
09-10-2004, 01:39 PM
> nice to hear other people out there getting great
> service for once.
>
>
>
> :D
>
> beetle
>

I think on the whole, most people get good service most if not, all the time. The only bad I have ever got was from the Motel industry <wink>

beetle
09-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Baldy :p

once bitten twice shy i guess.

beetle