PDA

View Full Version : Arrrghhh which cellphone to get??

dipstick01
09-10-2004, 12:16 PM
OK guys, it has finally come time to get a new cellphone. I am currently leaning towards Telecom....yeah yeah I know but being able to put all our phones onto the one bill has a lot of attraction to us. Now the question is which phone to get. I am currently liking the nokia pixt phone. 3320 I think the model is. Has anyone got one of these and like or hate it? what is your opinion on THE PHONES not on telecom as I already have a fair idea on them lol.

jackyht
09-10-2004, 12:28 PM
hi

u are looking for this budget phone, it is nothing difference compare to the others (although they have a radio function, but u need those specific headphones in order to hear the radio)

the camera, it is not that good.. but if u just do it for fun and don't mind about the quality, it can survive...

hmmm, telecom version's of 3320 (i forgot the number) and vodafone version of 3320 are basically the same....

whiskeytangofoxtrot
09-10-2004, 12:31 PM
You could get a phone with a web browser built in, that way you could come to PressF1 and search for all the threads that have already been posted over the last couple of weeks aobut what model cellphones are the best.

miknz
09-10-2004, 01:41 PM
I have one of these phones it I am less than impressed with it. It would be fine if I fingers the size of a midget but I dont. The buttons are very small and hard to use, especially in the car or after a couple of cold ones!
The camera is ok but is very low res.
If I had my coice again I would have spent a few hundred more and gone the next step up in quality and user friendliness

dipstick01
09-10-2004, 01:53 PM
OK this is the link to the phone I am looking at. Is this the one you have Mike?? [url=http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,3900,204271-200515,00.htmlPhone[/url]

beetle
09-10-2004, 01:58 PM
I dont know the phone you are talking about but i do recomend the Nokia brand, we have had quite a few, and one that wasnt and ended up chucking it and going back to Nokia.

pick something comfortable to hold and good key size for fingers, and does it really need to have all the bells and whistles? what happened to just a simple plain cellphone?

beetle

godfather
09-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Working link:
here (http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,3900,204271-200515,00.html)

The brands (in order) that I would recommend are:

1 Nokia

2 Nokia

3 Nokia

miknz
09-10-2004, 05:47 PM
yes dipstick that is the phone I have, take my advice and spend a few more $$

Laura
09-10-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm with beetle here...
You want a phone - so buy a phone.
Polyphonic ringtones, wallpapers & cut-out "personalised" covers are for teenagers.
And who needs a camera in it when you've already got a better one?
Buttons too small for male fingers are the most common complaint I hear.
I don't blame the manufacturers, as once they discovered dinky was "in," naturally the race was on to make the smallest & cutest.
By now they can be the most frustrating to use.
And after all, dipstick, you're not the true market target - teenage girls.

Laura
09-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Forgot to say why it's girls...
The boys already got theirs for the games while the girls were spending their pocket money on clothes.
Nothing wrong with that: it's the way of the world.

DangerousDave
09-10-2004, 08:04 PM
PXT is a bit of a failure really, save your money and buy the cheapest phone - as long as it txts and phones then its alright. Unless of course, you *really* want PXT, but IMHO its a waste of time (res too low etc etc)

Just look at how popular the Nokia 3315 is, it is so incredibly practical and cheap it is not funny (ok its not cool but hey, you're the one with a few hundred more $$$ to spend on other things ;))

- David