PDA

View Full Version : Preview VS Review

metla
06-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Just flicking through the latest mag and to my surprise the game reviews have been replaced by PRE-Views,Making the entire section reduntant,A preview serves the purpose of enticing the reader to buy while offering absolutly no critic of the product.

In a nutshell its nothing more that an advert dressed up like an article.

Which is a shame,The game section as at one point was very good,Not afraid to call a spade a spade and you knew after reading it that you were armed with crediable info.

Now its not even worth reading.

beetle
06-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Do you mean in the latest PC world mag? havent managed to get one of these for ages.
not that im a game freak, but change is not always good, or bad, just not what one would expect i guess.
just in time you may get use to it.

did you read it to find this out? or skip it?

beetle

parry
06-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Not a great fan of pre's myself but I dont think they had the released copy to review...

Rome Total War - {snip}... "Rome Total war should be available later this month"

Zoo Tycoon - {snip}... "Zoo Tycoon is due for release in November"

Codename Panzers - {snip}.... "In late September Codename Panzers should be on the shelves"

That said, I agree that unless they intend to do an actual review later then previews are rather pointless.

Pete O\'Neil
06-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Perhaps they could have reviewed games that are avaliable now or being released very soon. Both Rome: Total war and Codename Panzers have been released in the states how come its so hard to get a review copy.