PDA

View Full Version : Fuji S3000 dig.camera..how to download video ?

Maryann
05-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Not "my day" for being able to read instruction books :_|

Please tell me...please...how to put short video, from camera to computer.

We now have a greatgrandson and want to be able to send video to family overseas.

Friend was here this a.m....said "Oh, it's easy...you just do xyz etc."
Yeah, right!! ?:| Should have gone through it on computer while she was here. Managed to play the dratted thing once, via Media Player and then what? Can view it on camera, and there are also a couple of "still" shots on "My Pictures" and just am not able to make sense of the rest of it. Maybe just one "click" away from success, BUT....
Maryann.

Susan B
05-10-2004, 03:59 PM
On the Windows XP machine?

Plug the camera in, open Windows Explorer, browse to the camera's folder, find the file and drag its icon to another folder on your computer to save it there. Double-click it and it should run with Media Player, if that is the default program to play those types of files. If not, grab a copy of Zoomplayer (free version) and play it in that.

That is what I do with my camera's video files anyway. If it is different for your camera model someone will no doubt beat me with a wet fish for giving wrong info. :D

Maryann
05-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Get your wet weather gear on, just in case.....and some fish batter :D

Will try what you suggest, and let you know later....as in LATER. Think I need to "defrag" my grey matter!! :p

Thanks anyway. Right ...now "what did Susan suggest???"

Maryann
05-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Further to Susan B's answer.....can I SEND video from Media Player or wherever? Tried to "send" to another address, earlier, but it couldn't be opened. Clear as mud?? Sorry.:(

Susan B
05-10-2004, 08:11 PM
I am not all that familiar with Media Player as I use other programs but from a quick look no, I don't think you can send video from MP. If you can get your movie files saved onto your hard drive you can then right-click them and choose Send To>Mail Recipient and email them that way. Have you managed to save your movies to your hard drive yet?

Regarding them not being able to be opened the recipient will need to use either MP or Zoomplayer or anything else that can play .avi files.

If this isn't "clear as mud" and you are still having trouble understanding what to do it would help if you could tell us exactly what you are doing. :-)

Maryann
05-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Susan B...thanks again. Will use this info tomorrow when "grey matter" at it's best. Instruction books sometimes don't quite explain things the way we NEED them to....at least, for people like me!! Takes a while to "click" in if things are too tech!! :) :)

Maryann