PDA

View Full Version : help: harddisk keep power down

cing
30-09-2004, 12:23 AM
my PC was shock by power cut 2 months ago, so I replaced the old PSU with a new 400Watt PSU. Since after that I keep expericing some problem with my pc.

1) PC keep re-start itself (I can heard from the CASE that power supplied is low til the pc need to restart), especially when I am doing some task which using 80% of CPU reasource for more than 2 minutes
2) The harddisk keep restart, I can heard the harddisk is like cut off from power source then restart again.

Can someone tell me what's wrong here? my new PSU problem or my motherboard had some damage cause by the power cut 2 months ago?

45South
30-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Could be one or more of a dozen things
My advice would be spend $50 & get it checked out by a reputable techy

cing
01-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Well, I guess that will be my only option... thanks

Billy T
01-10-2004, 08:40 PM
First I'd check that all the PSU connectors are securely plugged in, and the power plug is properly into the wall,

After that, check that the power to the power point is reliable. The easiest way to check this is to run an extension lead from an outlet in another room and see if the computer runs OK on that.

Then I'd check that your PSU is a genuine 400W of reputable make and not a Hyena or other low rent item.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)