PDA

View Full Version : Can someone make scene of this advice?

Tribomb
29-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi

I e-mailed EA Tech support about a problem with the Sims 2 and they replied with this bit of advice, problem is I don't quite understand it.

"Try renaming the InstallShield folder, located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield, to InstallShieldOld. Start the installation again to reinstall the InstallShield components with the newest version."

I understand changing the name. I don't understand: "Start the installation again to reinstall the InstallShield components with the newest version."

Start what installation to reinstall what? The Sims 2 or something else?

Mike

Mike
29-09-2004, 10:03 PM
If a game (or whatever) uses Installshield to install, and you don't have it installed already, the installer (of the game/program) will install InstallShield first.

So renaming the InstallShield folder, then restarting the Sims2 installation should install the version of InstallShield included with Sims2, and hopefully fix your problem.

Mike.

Murray P
29-09-2004, 10:25 PM
If it doesn't work post back with a bit more detail of the problem. Sometimes a simple rename of the intallshield folder does not work, instead you have to delete certain folders and files and sometimes re-register system files.

Installshield problems can be a real pain in the butt. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers Murray P

Tribomb
29-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Ok, I will, thanks for your help :)