PDA

View Full Version : How to get the Rear Panel Connector of a mobo to fit my case

ahd8888
29-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Hi all, I got a Thermaltake Tsunami Case and I want to fit ASUS P5AD2 Premium mobo to the case. By looking at the mobo manual (download from internet), the Rear Panel Connector of mobo doesn't fit the rear panel of the case. Does new mobo come with a rear panel of itself that u can install onto the case? I am a newbie, never build a computer before. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mike
29-09-2004, 02:43 PM
New mobos usually come with a rear panel.

Mike.

ahd8888
29-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Mike, so new mobo always come with a rear panel of itself that I can fit onto the case (But of course, I have to take the original real panel of the case out first). Right. Please confirm. Thank you.

Mike
29-09-2004, 02:53 PM
> so new mobo always come with a rear panel

I wouldn't say always, because some might not... however all the mobos that I've ever bought (not that many) have come with one.

You do need to remove the one that comes with the case (if that doesn't fit your mobo) - sometimes they're easy to get off, sometimes they're a little difficult. I'd recommend you remove it without the mobo installed ;)

Mike.

Graham L
29-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Doesn't the manual have a section on installation? That should refer to hardware items such as a rear panel. Is the panel on your box removable? ;-)

ahd8888
29-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know whether ASUS P5AD2 Premium Mobo come with its rear panel that i can then install on to the case, so that the real panel of the case can fit the mobo rear panel connector. Thanks.

metla
29-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Me thinks your going to have a long hard road building a comp if the back panel is causing such a dilemma.

Asus packaging is top of the line,it will have the new back panel,all manufactures provide them nowadays,unless you get some obscure oem version delived in brown paper packaging.

Ask your retailer,but you can safley assume it will have one provided.

ahd8888
29-09-2004, 03:19 PM
The manual which I download from internet does't say it come with the rear panel. The rear panel of my case can be removed, so that lead me to think that new mobo should come with the rear panel to install onto what ever case I want. Right?

Pete O\'Neil
29-09-2004, 03:25 PM
> The manual which I download from internet does't say
> it come with the rear panel. The rear panel of my
> case can be removed, so that lead me to think that
> new mobo should come with the rear panel to install
> onto what ever case I want. Right?
This question has already been answered for you several times.
First by Mike:
"however all the mobos that I've ever bought (not that many) have come with one."
Then by Metla:
"it will have the new back panel,all manufactures provide them nowadays"

ahd8888
29-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi Peter, to reply yr unnecessary contribution. 1st, Mike doesn't have the mobo that I am going to buy. 2nd, while I was replying Graham, I didn't know Metla had already post a reply. Peter, u have replied my question before and I am thankful for that, but please it is not polite to critise people.

Graham L
29-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Philip: don't be upset ... people do criticise people. Just
ignore it. ;-)

A common problem is translating the terms used ... "P5AD2 back panel" to Google gave me the ASUS specifications page. Near the bottom of that, in the Accessories section they do say they provide the back panel. But they call it the "I/O shield". :D

ahd8888
29-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanking you heaps, Graham. That's a solid positive answer I want to hear. U have not only save me, but u have also save the world. :)

45South
29-09-2004, 04:03 PM
3rd line from bottom as Graham has said
http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5AD2%20Premium&langs=09
Took me 13secs to find typing your board into google
Always do a google before posting, you'll find the info you need much faster

ahd8888
29-09-2004, 04:15 PM
> Took me 13secs to find typing your board into google
> Always do a google before posting, you'll find the
> info you need much faster

I have the manual downloaded from ASUS web site. It is not that I don't know how to use Google, it just that I didn't know that the Rear Panel also called I/O shield. 13 sec to find, but not fast enough. So the award still goes to Graham. :p