PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 Can't find CdRom

Odin
29-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Ok I did look at the other posts and have done what they said. However I installed the game fine brand new and no problems, but when I went to play the game it kept saying to insert the correct cd and then restart the application. Now I tried both of my cd roms and all of the game disks but it still won't run.

Now according to the other posts I needed to get rid of clonecd, which I have done and also alcohol, I do have nero still installed. Can you tell me what the problem may be. I am running windows XP and have a DVD writer and Cd writer both of which are lite-on.

Jams
29-09-2004, 01:45 PM
i have had this prob with games aswell. it seems to be only to do with EA games. apparently their is a patch you can install available from SafeDisk, i used it, but it did nothing for me.

i think it has somethng to do with the order of the drive names. but don't hold me to that.

if you do a google search with your problem you will come across forums that have your same problem (as i have done) and you might be able to find a solution.

cheers.
Jams

Pete O\'Neil
29-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Have you tryed ripping an image of the CD and emulating it with a program like Daemon Tools?

metla
29-09-2004, 02:25 PM
CD-CRACK

Odin
29-09-2004, 02:25 PM
That is going to be my next attempt if I can't find another answer. Do you happen to know what seetings I need to set in order to rip an image of the Cd so I can use it?

Although I must say I find it damn annoying that I have to resort to copying a legitimate bought and paid for game just so I can pay for it. I mean copy protection is all fine and dandy but when it means that legitimate owners can't even play the game all it is going to do is encourge them to obtain pirate versions.

Odin
29-09-2004, 02:28 PM
> CD-CRACK

Been trying to find a NO-CD crack that works and isn't a virus or key logger and have not as yet had any luck, if you have one then let me know where to get it. I have also written to EA GAmes asking them what I can do to get the game going and if they can't help me then i will return the game to the shop and go support the pirates (bet that gets a rise out of them :D )

metla
29-09-2004, 02:28 PM
a cd crack is far easier then making an iso and mounting it.

metla
29-09-2004, 02:30 PM
> > CD-CRACK
>
>
> Been trying to find a NO-CD crack that works and
> isn't a virus or key logger and have not as yet had
> any luck, if you have one then let me know where to
> get it.

Got an email addy handy?

Odin
29-09-2004, 02:31 PM
nzwhiteknight at gmail.com and thanks in advance.

metla
29-09-2004, 02:47 PM
hmm...i sent ya a link but after some reading it apears there maynot be a 100 percent working crack available.

That copy protection sure is a double edged sword,took about 12 minutes for the entire game to be released onto the warez scene,and seriously aggrevated many legit users of the game.

Champions.

Odin
29-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Yeah, thanks. I will certainly be blasting the hell out of EA games for making it so damn difficult for legi game owner to play thier games and strongly suggest that if they wish to stop others from migrating to pirate copies, then they should not stop those that buy the game from being able to play it.

metla
29-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I was reading up on the starforce site awhile back,and they claimed there was zero unwanted effects caused by their software,and the companies that had used it also claimed zero confirmed issues.

So by putting on my bullshit-filtering glasses it apears that any percent that is less then there pre-decided (and flexiblez) percentage is equal to zero.

It would take mainstream media reports and widespread outrage for them to even acknowledge it,a few thousand disgruntled users doesn't matter,they already have the money.

Odin
29-09-2004, 03:10 PM
They they shouldn't be complaining about pirated software then, Once those few thousand tell thousands of others that the game doesn't work when bought and paid for, and that the only way to be able to play it is to download a copy then perhaps they will start to take notice.

Odin
30-09-2004, 10:25 AM
> Have you tryed ripping an image of the CD and
> emulating it with a program like Daemon Tools?

Hi Pete yes i have just done that last night and you something it WORKED and I didn't even have to create and image at all. I just use my other cd drive ran Daemon Tools and enabled all the emulations Now I can play the game using my original cd (which I may copy sometime to protect)

Anyone else who has the same proble should do the same. Thanks for all your help guys.

Pete O\'Neil
30-09-2004, 10:45 AM
> > Have you tryed ripping an image of the CD and
> > emulating it with a program like Daemon Tools?
>
> Hi Pete yes i have just done that last night and you
> something it WORKED and I didn't even have to create
> and image at all. I just use my other cd drive ran
> Daemon Tools and enabled all the emulations Now I can
> play the game using my original cd (which I may copy
> sometime to protect)
>
> Anyone else who has the same proble should do the
> same. Thanks for all your help guys.
How do you use Daemon tools without ripping an image? Perhaps i need to update to the latest version?

Odin
30-09-2004, 11:01 AM
I just downloaded the latest version, installed it and then restarted the comp. After restart the icon is on the bottom right by the clock, right clicked it and chose Enable All. Then I tried the game and it worked cd fired up and the game started.

Pete O\'Neil
30-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Arh well when you've installed Daemon its done something because your not actually using Daemon tools. The "emulate all" option only refers to the drives that daemon tools creates, it has no effect on physical drives.

Odin
30-09-2004, 11:12 AM
That's what I thought, but somehow it has done something as the game is running now and it only ran after I enabled the emulation, maybe the latest version does affect the physical drives now, all I know is it is working (or was last night) will try again when I get home form work and see if it goes again.

Odin
30-09-2004, 11:15 AM
I also don't have any virual drives at all, set it to 0 so who knows why it is working :D

Codex
30-09-2004, 03:54 PM
have a read about SafeDisc
Here (http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/52/1)

Codex
30-09-2004, 03:59 PM
http://spacetarget.com/games/pc_the_sims_2.shtml

no cd crack here :D