PDA

View Full Version : Adding something @ start up

Brain_Cell_Anon
28-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi all.
I have just written some 'revolving' webpages (one goes to two, two goes to three, and so on the seven back to one etc. etc) but I'd like page one to be 'loaded' at start up so that the computer starts 'running' them ad infinitum (or at least until the computer is switched off.

Is this possible? And then how would one go about it please??

Regards,

The Cell :D

Spacemannz
28-09-2004, 07:46 PM
And what version of Windows is it?? If its Windows?

I take it you mean, so these pages run after Windows has loaded, and while you're on it?? You would probably haveta make all pages into some kind of exe file. So it can be executed and entered either thru program files / startup or the registry. Kind of like a screensaver or similar

beama
28-09-2004, 10:36 PM
put the first page in the series into the startup folder :p

Brain_Cell_Anon
30-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Well Spacemannz, it's Windows XP Home with both SP 1 & 2 on.
Yes, they should run directly after start up, but not nessy cellery as a screen saver (although that mat be the better idea actually!! ).
What about a batch file??

Regards,

The Cell.

Brain_Cell_Anon
30-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Hi beama!
There doesn't appear to be a 'Start Up' folder. Is it perhaps 'switched off' some where? And if so how do I get it back 'on' again??

Regards,

The Cell

beama
30-09-2004, 08:16 AM
start ->programs -> startup drag and drop there this will only work for the current user
if you what to happen for all users c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup
note all users is a hidden system directory so you need to unhide those once finished I reccomend hidding those system folders again

If you do this it will take over your pc untill the page is stopped some how

drcspy
30-09-2004, 12:56 PM
I have a self created webpage as my desktop walpaper......to run these from startup you maybe could do it with a batch file, but I'm certainly no expert there so hopefully someone will be able to offer more advice....

beama
01-10-2004, 12:45 PM
yes it possible to start/open a webpage from a batch file. I provided example batch code to "Darcy" on this subject in this forum (search the forum for the thread) about 6 months ago. You could then put that batch file into the startup areas I metioned earlier.

beama
01-10-2004, 12:49 PM
you lucky day :) here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=44988&q=batch%20files#250332)

Brain_Cell_Anon
02-10-2004, 03:15 AM
Chears very muchly for that.
Will have a play and see what I can mess up, I mean work out!! :D

Looks just what the doctor ordered!!

The Cell :D