PDA

View Full Version : "Bar Code" on my monitor

B.M.
28-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Iíve got a problem on a computer that Iíve been given that I simply canít get to the bottom of. It goes like this.

Everything loads perfectly and the desktop looks great. Then if you open a programme or move a desktop icon you get what looks like a vertical bar code. The bars are of no specific colours and donít always run the full screen, top to bottom. Nor do they always run the full width.

OK, Iíve changed monitors, no difference. Iíve tried different drivers, no difference.

The motherboard is a IBM/USI-PRO283-3.1 with SiS 540 Chipset with onboard Video and Audio. AMD K6-2/500 processor. OS WinME.

Oh, Iíve also changed the RAM and doubled it from 64meg to 128meg without solving the problem.

Anyone any thoughts?

Bob (becoming hairless Bob) :)

godfather
28-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Its an issue with the video RAM, or the video card/chipset drivers.

Nothing to do with the monitor I believe.

Reload the video drivers?

B.M.
28-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks gf.

Yes, that was my thoughts too.

It would seem the video uses part of the standard RAM which is why I changed and extended the RAM. (without success)

However, Iíve googled myself silly looking for alternative drivers and have had no luck with the few Iíve found. Consequently, the drivers been uninstalled and reinstalled many times.

I was rather hopeing someone out there used the same motherboard / setup and might have a driver or direct me to the correct one.