PDA

View Full Version : Norton Antivirus LiveUpdate

Mr. A
28-09-2004, 10:03 AM
I have just installed Norton Systemworks because I have just upgraded my windows to XP so I had to install Norton Systemworks. After I have installed it and rebooted my Computer I run LiveUpdate to update Norton. But the window says
"LU1814
LiveUpdate could not retrive the update list.
LiveUpdate could not retrieve the catalog file of available Symantec product and component update. Please verify that you are able to connect to the Internet and run LiveUpdate again." ?:|
Please help so I can update Norton Antivirus!
Thanks

Spacemannz
28-09-2004, 10:08 AM
The server might be down. Just try again later. It might work.

tedheath
28-09-2004, 10:11 AM
You always seem to get this when doing a large update.
I have NAV 2002 if I reinstall on computer it takes lots of attempts to get all the updates.
ted

johnboy
28-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Look at this pagehere (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/pfdocs/2002082616293813)
if that does'nt help put the error number in this search box.
here (http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html)
hth

Mzee
28-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I never automatic update, it can sometimes take ages, especially on dial up.
Go to the Symantec Security Page and download the latest update file.
Run the file & it will update your AV.
This is especially usefull if you have several systems to update, one file does all.

tweak\'e
28-09-2004, 05:12 PM
>I never automatic update...
>Go to the Symantec Security Page and download the latest update file.

not a good idea

the update file that symantec has for download is the defintions ONLY. if you do not run the live update you will not get the program updates which will result in an antivirus that simply fails to detect virus's even tho its defs are up to date. unfortunatly afaik norton dosn't have all the program updates advailable for mannual download.

somewhere there is the liveupdater advailable as a seperate download which may fix your problem. also check you are not blocking the update site (check the update logs for error message).

MrBeef
28-09-2004, 05:14 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

275000th post