PDA

View Full Version : CD drive doesnt autoplay anymore

peejayw
28-09-2004, 08:24 AM
My CD drive no longer autoplays a CD ie before if I inseted a picture CD it would start up the appropriate viewing software but this no longer happens, music, video, dvd,s, nothing starts up, I have to go to Properties then Play or Autoplay. How do I get the drive to autoplay again?
Thanks.

Megaman
28-09-2004, 08:54 AM
[in XP] Go into My Computer. Right click the drive, and go properties. In the autoplay tab, you can choose what to do with audio, picture, video, music and mixed content CDs :)

peejayw
28-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Hmm, have already been there. For DVD's I made sure that Power DVD was selected but still didn't start up when I put in a DVD. When I select "Mixed Content" the only Open option points to a program that I no longer have anyway. Same with music CD's, I have it set to open with Mediaplayer but nothing happens. It used to work but something has been changed and I am blowed if I can find where to turn it back on again.

Alan Cottrell
28-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Hello PJ.

Go here http://www.x-setup.net/ and download the tech's friend xteq setup (freeware) once loaded choose classic mode and go to "system" "autorun" and make the necessary changes to have everything working as you like.

Regards

AC