PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Joystick

Big_Mountain
27-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone:

I purchased a Thrustmaster Topgun Afterburner Joystick on Trademe and recieved it today. It is a USB joystick.

I have a problem, the joystick looses itself with the computer frequently or could be the other way around, the computer looses the joystick.

What I mean is that frequently the joystick disappears from the GAME CONTROLLERS in the control panel as if it is not there and won't work anymore unless I un-plug it and plug it back in again then it will work again. This can happen anytime which is pretty annoying.

I have emailed the seller about this problem, she is happy to give me a refund, but I want to try to get the problem fixed and try not to have to ask for a refund.

Help would be appreciated

alphazulusixeightniner
28-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Could be a USB issue.

Possibly windows 'unmounts' the USB device if it is not in use to save power or whatever?

Possibly that USB port is a bit flakey, you could try another?

You tried updating the drivers for the joystick?

What OS you on? Windows XP has some issues with USB that were fixed in SP1 + a patch or just SP2.

Your motherboard manufacturer might have some chipset drivers that fix the issue. I know NForce2 chipsets had a USB fix.

theother1
28-09-2004, 07:01 PM
I must say, I really like the sound of that.

Mirddes
28-09-2004, 07:20 PM
i had this same problem with a MS sidewinder procision pro using the gmaepad pot thingy...
ive got a new mobo ect so i havent had a chancce to see if i still have this problem.
it sounds Exactly like what i used to experiance

metla
28-09-2004, 07:57 PM
I have a couple of usb game devices that do the exact same thing.as tough a call as it is,i eventually learned to live with it.

I did/do have to make a habit of unplugging the device,plugging it back in,then checking it is detected and working under game devices before launching the game.

oggy
29-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Ooh err. 'Thrustmaster Joystick' sounds like it would be more at home in an 'Adult Supplies' type of shop.

Seriously now, I had the same problem with my MS Sidewinder. Didn't resolve why it happened but from memory I just had to disconnect and reconnect the joystick so the PC would see it. Reloaded the joystick software with no result. I'm afraid it's probably just something you have to put up with.

Big_Mountain
30-09-2004, 05:39 PM
It's all good now, I installed the Thrustmaster Utility and it doesn't happen anymore. Still trying to get a perfect calibration though.