PDA

View Full Version : AVG error.

beetle
26-09-2004, 01:20 PM
ok, on lemon which has not yet been reformated, i have set up 2 new users, (My children) they do not have admin rights.
while playing on lemon T has managed to fiddle around when AVG went to auto run - virus scan, he has attempted to stop this process and in panic yelled for me, and now every time he starts up logs in his user AVG pops up saying out of date, and resident shield non functional,

this then pops up need to reinstal, only option is yes? and so go's thro this says install, comes up error, must restart comp. and then says restart comp , only option go or yes ? cant remember exact words.

what im asking is can i uninstall it off his user ? and download a new one? or has he likely upset something else?

or a format is on the cards earlier than expected?

this is weird territory for me, as i for once dont know what he did, ( not me this time) to know exactly what was done to brake it for once.

beetle

drb1
26-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Beetle,

Do any of the other users on the unit have issues with AVG?

If yes = Problem.

If No = only user who has offended AVG has issues.

Delete user.

Nasty, but probably effective.

2 Create new user and "Wait" for "Metla" probably safer still.

D.

beetle
26-09-2004, 01:35 PM
ROFLMAO......................

So beetle is now no longer effective against the war of the comp with out the help of Metla....LOL

:D
just that user status. as far as im aware.

ill try your drastic measure i guess.

beetle

drb1
26-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Beetle,

If my advise causes issues, "I" may have to deal with "Metla".

This must be considered.

D.

beetle
26-09-2004, 01:58 PM
LOL you mean if i stuff up and cause the problem to scale to Metla like proportions and need to call for help......He will no doubt say yes, and come a running....er at some point in time.

and you will no doubt bare the brunt of Metla's breif utterances of niceness for helping me....:p

correct?

:D

thanxs anyway, deleted and re made a new user. no probs so far.

just not used to haveing other users on my comps, as up till now only been me! nobody else allowed to touch my babies.

beetle

zqwerty
26-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Children are always doing those skidding right clicks across the desktop. I don't allow them anywhere near my computer.

Terry Porritt
26-09-2004, 04:18 PM
zqwerty is right, unless you are something of a computer guru, you shouldnt let kids use your computer. Best bet is to get them an old 386/486 from the recyclers to play with until they learn how not to break it :).

Now all my grandchildren have learnt how to use a keyboard sitting on their parents knees from the age of about 6 months, and my oldest is now at University.

I even taught one of my dogs to use the keyboard:

http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/missy3.jpg

Poppa John
26-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Terry "I even taught one of my dogs to use the keyboard"
Any tips would be appreciated, Maryann is becoming reluctant to teach me any computer things !!!!!!!! PJ :D :D

Terry Porritt
26-09-2004, 06:51 PM
You have to learn to bark first Poppa! The little dog in the pic is listening to dogbark.wav, then she learned to paw at the keyboard.

At that time, and for quite a long time I had the opening bars of Bix Beiderbecke's 'In a Mist' for windows start, and the closing bars for shut down.

My two border collies and the little one ignored Windows Start music, but all came running when they heard the closing bars of the piano piece.

So not only did they appreciate good music and were probably the only canine Bixophiles in the world, but they knew when I was shutting down. Maybe it was because they knew walkies were in the offering :)