PDA

View Full Version : viewing photos from a cd

Johanna
26-09-2004, 01:01 PM
I have windows 98 and got a cd sent to me with photos on it. I put it in the D drive but nothing happens. What do I have to do to view the photos?
Will be grateful for your advise.

Spacemannz
26-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I dont think it'll be an autobooting CD. (unless it has an autorun file on the CD). Have you got any program that can view graphics (ie: paintshop/photoshop)? Or read whatever format those pics are in, on that CD??

I would say you would have to either open windows explorer / open the cd and click on each pic individually. Or if you have a program, like the above, load it, then press shift while pointing to the CD. So, all photos are shown all at once.

zqwerty
26-09-2004, 01:34 PM
http://www.irfanview.com/

Scouse
26-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi Johanna
I have a Philips DVD attached to my television. It reads CD photographs beautifully.

Misty
26-09-2004, 09:09 PM
I echo what zqwerty suggests. Following a visit, our son has recently sent us a CD with 540 marvellous photos of Santorini (an island in Greece) plus 76 black and white.

Briefly I imagined that putting the CD in would trigger opening the CD but that did not happen. I went to Windows Explorer and right clicked on a photo and asked it to open the photo with Irfanview.

We used the slideshow option on Irfanview and looked at the lot. Irfanview (which is free) identified the size of each and gave appropriate sized windows.
We used the arrow buttons to navigate to the next photo.

Marvellous !!!
Misty :D

Susan B
27-09-2004, 05:38 PM
The CD that you were sent probably didn't have a special file in it that would make the CD open automatically when put in the CD drive.

As the others have suggested, put the CD in the drive, go to My Computer, double click on your CD drive then double click on the first photo file.

If you have downloaded Irfanview and allowed it to associate all graphics files with that program then Irfanview will open and you can then view the photos. Just press the spacebar to progress to the next image or use the arrow shortcuts on Irfanview's toolbar.