PDA

View Full Version : Xp Professional Logon problem

bubbyboy
26-09-2004, 11:22 AM
I've just updated my laptop to xp professional and have installed a network etc. Ony thing is I've either spelt my password wrong or I've dopne something else. I've tried double characters for each letter in the password as well as every key around each letter. Is there any other way to bypass the logon or get rifd of it completely when you cant get passed the damn logon screen.

Tia

wintertide
26-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Can you log in as an Administrator in Safe Mode? If you can, then go into User Accounts and change the password for your user profile in there.

Spacemannz
26-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Did you make a password recovery disk??

bubbyboy
26-09-2004, 11:48 AM
a password what????????....lol....I guess the answer is no.

bubbyboy
26-09-2004, 11:48 AM
how do I get it to star in safe mode?

wintertide
26-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Do you have access to another PC running XP Professional? If so, go into User Accounts under the Control Panel, click on a user, and under the Related Tasks on the left side pane, slect 'Prevent a forgotten password' and make a Password Reset floppy disk.

Then start up your laptop, and when it pops up asking about a password reset disk, put it in and follow the prompts.

I haven't used this before as I have never had the need to, but someone who has can fill in the blanks here. :)

Spacemannz
26-09-2004, 11:55 AM
After ya system boots, (post), press F8 (hold it down) then a screen should appear. Select safe mode. See what happens.

zqwerty
26-09-2004, 11:59 AM
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm