PDA

View Full Version : compaq nx 9010 problem

ronmar
25-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I am running a compaq nx 9010 laptop with XP professional and SP2 installed, and I have a problem when I go through the start menu/turn off computer sequence.
When I click on start - no problem, when I click on " turn off computer" the screen (except the turn off computer part) turns to black and white. It seems to make no difference what is on the screen it turns to black and white with the "turn off computer" part staying in colour.
Any solutions please.

Billy T
25-09-2004, 10:43 AM
It is probably a software glitch, but it is hardly worth wasting time on if it only happens when switching off, you could end up doing more harm than good. On one of my computers (not Compaq) I get the odd mono screen during boot but it is always all right during use.

You could always ask Compaq if they have seen the fault, but if they have no answers I'd leave it as-is and wait until it gets a lot worse than that before risking greater problems.

Of course the great thing about PF1 is that somebody here may already know the answer. We live in hope and dare to dream!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Megaman
25-09-2004, 10:57 AM
it's normal. my computer does it too

CliveM
25-09-2004, 04:34 PM
I confirm that it is normal behavior on my machine

wintertide
25-09-2004, 04:38 PM
It's a 'feature' of Windows XP - you will notice that the screen actually fades out... It does the same in the Logoff screen as well.

Nothing to worry about - it's normal. :)

ronmar
25-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Many thanks Billy T,Megaman,Clive M, and Wintertide for your words of comfort. I will now put my worry beads to a more important task in deciding Aucklands winning margin over Canterbury.