PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark Z33 printer not printing

jonzsie
23-09-2004, 03:34 PM
I have had a Lexmark Z33 printer for the last 18months and it has worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago. At first I thought it was the word processor I was using, I down loaded Openoffice and it would only print the original copy of anything. Once it was saved to my documents it wouldn't print at all. It wouldact like it was going to print the icon on the taskbar would appear and it would just stop. The only way I could print a saved document was to cut and paste it.

Now it is not printing anything, I'm using word. I went and checked out the trouble shooting page for my printer the test page works and prints ok and everything else appears alright. It is almost as if the application is blocked..I have checked sygate firewall but it isn't blocked there. And I have checked for new hardware and everything seems ok there. I'm running windows xp home.

Can someone please help me on this.

Thanks Carol

jonzsie
24-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Haved sorted it and discovered what the problem was. Had recently installed Windows XP SP2 and the windows firewall was automatically connected, when I disconnected the firewall the printer started working again.

Davesdad
24-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Have you tried printing ith the firewall disabled? (disconnect from the internet first)
Is the printer set as default?
Uninstall the driver, download and install the latest from Lexmark

Davesdad
24-09-2004, 12:09 PM
I type to slow :p

jonzsie
24-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks Dave.