PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning LCD Screens

dibbly
22-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Anyone know how and what to clean these things with???

metla
22-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Monitor wipes?

Pretty sure they are available.

Currently im trying to face away from the screen when i sneeze,Initially it makes a nice effect but the buildup is pretty rotton......

Billy T
22-09-2004, 01:46 PM
A damp cloth, or any mild window or glass cleaner will do nicely. Use a soft tissue if you don't have cloth handy.

Don't press hard on the screen face, and don't allow liquid to run down the screen face to the bottom bezel as it could cause harm if it leaks into the electronics.

Ideally they shouldn't get dirty anyway, so train users not to put their sticky mitts all over the screen face. Severe beatings will help drive the message home, but not if you are the only user, you could get to enjoy them.:D

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

alphazulusixeightniner
22-09-2004, 06:14 PM
You know the cloths that come with a new pair of eye-glasses that you use to clean them, would that be suitable? Does it have to be damp?

ferrite
22-09-2004, 07:49 PM
i find im having to do the same,also nose hairs in my key board.amazing how far a sneeze can travel.

Chilling_Silence
22-09-2004, 08:09 PM
There's good wipes you can get from Electronics Botique for about $10 last time I checked... Alcohol-based so they dry real quick (They're only damp/moist, not fully wet IYKWIM) and they do the job very well :-)

IIRC, DSE do similar wipes (Why does a baby's bottom come to mind?)

Chill.

metla
22-09-2004, 08:20 PM
hmmm....we have a baby in the house,and he has a bottom,maybe i'll try rubbing on the monitor.....

metla
23-09-2004, 12:32 PM
> i find im having to do the same,also nose hairs in my
> key board.amazing how far a sneeze can travel.

Many moons ago i purchased an electric nose(and ear) hair trimmer from The Warehouse for about 4 dollars, Excellent purchase.

Although i could swear the projectiles exiting the nose after a sneeze leave with unhindered velocity now the pathway is clear.

Muhahahaha....bet no one thought this topic would get covered.

Next step,1001 uses for ear wax.

Susan B
23-09-2004, 01:08 PM
:^O

Metla, you're disgusting! :p

Leave your baby's bum, your nose and ears alone and get on with that FAQ. :D

brig
24-09-2004, 09:51 AM
metla

Years ago I bought one of those nose hair things and never ever got it to trim a single hair. I wonder how many others have one unused sitting at the bottom of their bedroom sideboard.

Would you care to set up an OTFAQ with a detailed description of how you manage to do it and avoid unintentional surgery....the thing scared the hell out of me.

:^O

metla
24-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Sure,turn it on,ram it up ya nostril and move it all around,...Makes a grinding noise as it cuts the hair.

Then,insert finger into nostril.......feel the smooooooothness.

Last step not essential.

theother1
24-09-2004, 02:45 PM
In Turkey after a hair cut the hairdresser takes a small wad of cotten wool (a waddette?????) dips it in meth and lights it and trims your ear hairs with that. I don't recommend the nose hairs but it is quite an experience for the ears

alphazulusixeightniner
24-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Crikey what do they call it? Got a site with more info? :P

godfather
24-09-2004, 05:48 PM
> Then, insert finger into nostril

Then touch the screen? So thats why they need cleaning?