PDA

View Full Version : Ripoff Spyware products

45South
22-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Reading through various posts there have been a lot of recommendations regarding spyware cleaners
There are dozens of ripoff products floating around although I have no recommendations as to which product is best, I use Spybot & Webroots Spysweeper & they seem to do a good job for me

If you're not sure about buying or trialing a spyware product check these pages & see if the product is listed, it just might save you $50.00 or more (as a freind just found out)

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Billy T
22-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Much easier to go to FAQs #15 & #16. They will steer most people to a satisfactory solution without going anywhere else for recommendations (which may well be shonky).

Produced by the collective wisdom of PF1'ers, tried and tested.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

45South
22-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Yep, could do that if one has a spare day & want to know everything there is to know about spyware.
And is advised for anyone serious about their computers security

The link I quoted is purely a quick reference guide to weed out the known shonky spyware removers before one parts with cold hard cash.

It is not a guide to spyware prevention or removal.

Susan B
22-09-2004, 12:58 PM
That Spyware Warrior website is excellent and has been promoted on here a couple of times recently. It has also been added to the Spyware FAQ #16.

Lots of people may not have seen those threads though, so it doesn't hurt to spread the good word around. :-)