PDA

View Full Version : Firefox redirection limit

Spartacus
20-09-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm trying to log in to Hotmail, but keep maxing out the redirection limit as though cookies are blocked (they aren't) and therefore can't access the page... I can sign in fine with 2 other addresses on the same pc - problem only with one particular address.

I'm using Firefox, and I've just checked using IE on the same pc- no problems.

I usually have cookies selectively blocked with firefox, but I've tried allowing all and still no joy. Do I need to raise the redirection limit (can i, and how?), and if so, why do the other 2 addresses work fine???

Any ideas appreciated,

Spartacus

antmannz
20-09-2004, 02:38 PM
In the Firefox address bar type about:config , then filter for redirect.
There should be an option to change the network.http.redirection-limit. Double-click to change.

Spartacus
20-09-2004, 03:02 PM
> In the Firefox address bar type about:config ,
> then filter for redirect.

Thanks for that Antmannz - didn't notice the filter box before, it must have been staring me in the face too hard!

I changed the limit to 50, and the following message came up:

-------------------
The .NET Passport service is currently unavailable at this Web site for one of these reasons:

The site may contain an error or be experiencing a problem that affects the .NET Passport service.
The site may not be an official .NET Passport-participating site.
-------------------

Now I can't see that this applies to Hotmail, esp since IE handles it fine, and other addresses work in Firefox, so I'm still stumped...

Spartacus