PDA

View Full Version : Scanner

Mr. A
20-09-2004, 09:40 AM
I have upgraded my windows to XP and I want to use my scanner. I have installed HP Precision Scan LTX which is the software I use for my scanner. When I open the software it says "Sorry, Scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found.)" I had Windows ME before I upgraded and before it worked fine. My scanner is a HP Scanjet 2200c
Please help!
Thanks

godfather
20-09-2004, 09:52 AM
One comment found was:

"Due to its age, the 2200c scanner software was not officially released for Windows XP. It may be possible to use the package on a Windows XP setup, but we can't confirm that this will work reliably"

However if the software at the link below (version 1.22) is later than yours its worth a try, otherwise a new scanner may be required. HP appear to have supported it despite the comments above, but you shouldn't even consider using the ME drivers for XP, on a scanner or any device unless no updated ones are available.

Link to HP software (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=57854&lang=en&cc=nz&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228)

heaton
20-09-2004, 12:22 PM
I had a problem after installing SP2 my printer would not work on some programmes. I reinstalled the Epsom Software and it still would not work. Rang Epsom and chap said old Epsom Software not compatible with windows XP. Said go to control panel, click on install new printer and away laughing. So maybe the scanner software is the same. Try going to control panel and installing new scanner. It might work.

Shortstop
20-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Mr A exactly the same thing happened to me with the same scanner 2200c. I downloaded the recommended driver updates for XP from the HP site and still no joy. Could have been something to do with a long download on dial-up being faulty. I rang the HP scanner helpline and and an American voice was very helpful. He said to download by broadband and it would be fine. Unfortunately neither I or anyone I know has broadband so the alternative was to buy (43NZD I think) a CD which HP had delivered in 3 days. Worked like a charm - so don't despair - help is possible.