PDA

View Full Version : DVD Label kits

Horny the Demon
19-09-2004, 04:08 AM
Hi all nite owls, was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a DVD label kit and aplicator etc, is Afterburner by Avery available anywhere in godzone ?

its raining outside, but completely dry down in the dungeon.

Spacemannz
19-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Just buy the Epson R210 or R310 printer. They'll print covers directly onto CD or DVD. BUT you'll also have to buy printable CD's or DVD's. Then you wont need an applicator. Or labels.

andy
19-09-2004, 06:34 PM
This really is the best solution. A lot of cd and dvd manufacturers are now stating that you shouldn't use self-adhesive labels on their discs as they can tend to make the disc unbalanced (especially high speed cds).
There is a printer specifically for this job for about $199 at the Stationery Wharehouse.

Horny the Demon
20-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Andy, thanks for that, I think that for the moment Ill just stick with an insert for the jewel case. the printer that you mention, do you know if you have to have special printable discs or will it print on any of them ?

thanks again, to you both, you have probably saved me some $'s......appreciated

htd

andy
20-09-2004, 03:21 PM
you do need printable discs but they're pretty common and just about as cheap as the non-printable ones. I don't know the brand of the SW printer but a friend of mine bought one and reckons it works well. Its only narrow and only does discs - it won't fit a4 paper.

Graham L
20-09-2004, 04:33 PM
But you could use old CDs and burning failures for letters. Print on both sides, add a stamp, and you have a circular postcard. ;-)

A4 looks so conventional. ]:)