PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone's Blackberry secrets

mister harbies
17-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi fellow F1ers,

I hope there is a Vodafone employee out there who can answer my questions. I just got the RIM Blackberry 7230.

I visted two Vodafone stores to ask about the Blackberry, and how its pricing works etc. They gave me two different stories.

Store 1: Blackberry will not work with Prepay. You must pay the $35 Blackberry connection to enable to emails to be pushed to the blackberry(3mbs worth of emails per month). On top of that is yor contract fees (you pick a contract whether being a motormouth plan or whatever). The cost per month being somewhat over $50.00 for everything.

Store 2: Blackberry will not work with Prepay. You must have two Vodafone plans. A voice plan (Motormouth or whatever) and a Data Plan (GPRS). The cost for this could come to $35.00 or more.

Since I already had the blackberry without signing up for a contract yet, and still had my prepay, I decided to try the prepay sim card. IT WORKS!

So, why is Vodafone telling me that prepay does not work with Blackberry? Why are there two different perspectives bewteen stores? Why is the $35.00 push email service so expensive (if store 1 is right)?

Geez...

Mister Harbies

Biggles
17-09-2004, 03:16 PM
When you say the Prepay card works, do you mean your Blackberry is fulyl featured enabled on the Prepay, or just that you can use it as phone on Prepay?

mister harbies
17-09-2004, 03:20 PM
It does everything prepay could do.

The Blackberry should have push email enabled, but I am guessing that it will only work after I regsiter with Vodafone for the service, whether that be using the store 1 method or store 2 method.

Mister Harbies

Biggles
17-09-2004, 03:47 PM
The that will be where all the extra money comes in. The always on, push email functionality is a large part of the featureset Vodafone is offering with their Balckberrys.

Lohsing
17-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Chekc out the pics of the new Blackberry here (http://www.engadget.com/entry/4868644664353854/).... much nicer than the one out now.

Lo.