PDA

View Full Version : Internal Error 2908 Win XP

xineohp
17-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Every time I boot my machine windows desktop comes up but then Copy box comes up then the Internal Error 2908 box comes up with different addresses (14 diffrerent addresses) then a box displaying the message Error 1935 An error occured during the installation of assembly hpqcmctl.Version="3.0.0.0", FileVersion="5.31.0.146",PublicKeyToken="A53CF5803F4C3827",Culture="neutral"". HRESULT:0x8002802F

What has happened and how do I fix it

Cheers

Spacemannz
17-09-2004, 10:01 AM
It looks like something to do with an HP device. Or maybe its driver.

Have u got an all-in-1 from HP?? Or similar?? Or what have u got thats HP???

I take it the system doesnt crash. Its just this window that appears everytime u boot XP?

johnboy
17-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Have you got any hp products on your computer.?
printers ,scanners, imaging etc. The error seems to point there.
hth

beama
17-09-2004, 10:25 AM
searches on google using different combinations on that error message confirms to me that it may have to do with a hp product or software supplied with one namely "Image Zone"
I agree, more information on installed Hp devices would be usefull

beama
17-09-2004, 10:26 AM
searches on google using different combinations on that error message confirms to me that it may have to do with a hp product or software supplied with one namely "Image Zone"
I agree, more information on installed Hp devices would be usefull

beama
17-09-2004, 12:10 PM
opps sticky mouse button ;)

xineohp
17-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Sorry about that everyone yep the HP device I have is an PSC all in one 2300 series, which has HP director, Image Transfer, Memories Disk, HP Printscreen.

Hope this helps as it's driving me mad

Cheers

Spacemannz
17-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Well I would uninstall it from Add/remove programs. Go to the HP site. Get updated drivers/program.

Then reinstall the programs/drivers for it. You might want to go to the HP site and check out the FAQ if any for this all in 1. See if there are any known problems with it.

There maybe a fix / update for the prob you're having.

xineohp
17-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Cheers for that I uninstalled the PSC2300 and rebooted and no error message.

Cheers again

Spacemannz
17-09-2004, 05:34 PM
No worries :)

angeld
28-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Every time I boot my machine windows desktop comes up but then Copy box comes up then the Internal Error 2908 box comes up with different addresses (14 diffrerent addresses) then a box displaying the message Error 1935 An error occured during the installation of assembly hpqcmctl.Version="3.0.0.0", FileVersion="5.31.0.146",PublicKeyToken="A53CF5803F4C3827",Culture="neutral"". HRESULT:0x8002802F

Cheers Please help me fix this problem thankyou

Jen
28-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi angeld

Did you try what was suggested already in this thread with uninstalling your current HP software and then reinstalling it? You may also want to check for updated drivers as already suggested and use those instead. :)

angeld
28-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi angeld

Did you try what was suggested already in this thread with uninstalling your current HP software and then reinstalling it? You may also want to check for updated drivers as already suggested and use those instead. :)

Hi Jen

I'm new to all of this. No I have not tried any of the suggestions because I do not know where to start. I don't even know what a Hp software is. Please help Thankyou!!!

angeld
28-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi Jen

Hey I am new to all of this. No I have not tried any of the Suggestions because I don't know where to start. I don't even know what an HP driver is. Please help me any way you can. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

Jen
28-03-2005, 05:12 PM
HP stands for Hewlett-Packard. They manufacturer all sorts of computers and computer accessories such as scanners and printers etc. If you got that exact same error message, then this suggest you have installed a Hewlett-Packard device. These devices come with software which is installed so that you can use them. Removing that particular software via Add/Remove and then reinstalling it might fix your problem. You will need to have the original CD for that device which should have the drivers on it. Otherwise you need to visit the Hewlett-Packard website, look for your device (exact model number) and download the latest driver for it and use this to reinstall your drivers/software.

What printers or scanner models do you have? It should be written on the device itself somewhere.

angeld
28-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi Jen

Hey I am new to all of this. No I have not tried any of the Suggestions because I don't know where to start. I don't even know what an HP driver is. Please help me any way you can. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!
THANKYOU angeld

tweak'e
28-03-2005, 05:14 PM
I don't even know what an HP driver is

no offence but its proberly best if you just find a PC repair person and pay the $$$.

Hercimer
11-08-2005, 10:26 PM

Cheers

This error is caused by Microsoft's .Net Framework being uninstalled.
http://www.asp.net/download-1.1.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
Which requires IE 5.01 or higher to even work right.

The reason that reinstalling the HP software worked to fix the problem is because the HP disk will install this if your computer doesn't already have it installed. Real nice for people like me that didn't want that on their computers until Microsoft gets all their security problems fixed. They had to fix a security hole in this supposedly perfectly secure animal once already that I know of.

I had the same problem along with another. Added to this problem was the fact that I had updated the windows installer, which had a big flaw which was causing programs not to be allowed to install. The HP installation disk uses the windows installer and copy programs to install everything. After a couple of months of banging my head over both of these problems, which are both related to the windows installer, I finally figured out what was going on. HP's tech help won't be of any help to figure out what is going on. Their patent answer is reinstalling the software and if their update program runs and the update messes up the functioning of your printer, etc. (happened to me), they blame you for updating it when it wasn't needed. Apparently HP isn't telling them that they are installing an updater program that updates itself by default now. So if you mention anything about updating it, they will verbally slap your hands, tell you to reinstall the software, and then remove the updater from your computer through the “add and remove programs” option. Supposedly so you or anyone else that uses your computer won’t be temped to try to update it again. The windows installer problem I found out about first and had to download the “corrected” version 2.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898628/
Once that little headache was fixed then the Installer gave me the message quoted above which pointed me in the right direction. Prior to that, I was just getting a Copy window coming up with error codes only, which got me no ware on Microsoft’s site, in tracking down the problem. I did a search for hpqcmctl just to verify that this was indeed an HP file and ran across this forum’s discussion of the problem at that time. This was nice, but didn’t explain what was going on, so here is the explanation. HP installs the .Net Framework because it is using it for it’s online sharing feature. It really is nothing more then a way to trick people into HP making a bunch of money off of making prints, etc. for people that don’t have a clue how to do this without it. In other words, dangle it in front of a few mindless fishes and hope you catch a few of them. They made it so that you cannot use all of the functions of your machine if you don’t install this program or try to uninstall it. So if you know how to do all of this and never plan to use it, you are stuck with it on your computer. If you don’t ever plan on using this “sharing” feature, you can safely disable the .Net Framework in your computer services under ASP.NET and your machine will function just fine and you will not get any errors popping up when you restart your computer. You just won’t be able to “share” because you won’t be able to connect to that with the ASP.NET service disabled and not taking up any of your computer’s resources.

I do not recommend uninstalling the HP programs and reinstalling them if your problem is just due to the .Net framework being uninstalled. For one the .Net framework package on the HP disk is huge which leads me to believe they added all the language packs, etc. to it. Instead, just download the latest version from the ASP.Net web site.
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
Install it then and restart your computer. Your error problem will be fixed and you will save yourself a lot of time and space on your computer.