PDA

View Full Version : OT-study help (again)-network topologies

icyred
16-09-2004, 05:24 PM
greetings all,

can anybody point me to any good sites explaining network topologies, specifically hybrid topologies e.g a bus off a star, tree, etc, and also the hardware requirements as regards servers etc. What would be really ideal is somewhere that a given situation could be plugged in, and appropriate topogies suggested. Got a small project to do, suggesting appropriate topologies/setups-just seem to have a real mental block about the connections between parts of networks, allocation of server resources etc. Got no problem understanding differences between different basic topologies-just start to lose it when talking about connecting parts, hybridising etc. Hope these ramblings make sense to somenbody out there, and they can point me in the right direction.

cheers

icy

donna
16-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Do you mean like a network simulator? I have a app that allows you to set up network and ensure all is well. We used it to test our case studies. If you want I can send it to you.

Davesdad
16-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Do a Google search for "Network topologies" There are 66,000 sites to choose from.

icyred
17-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Thanks donna, sounds like it could be quite helpful. could you send a copy to bunnymen806@hotmail.com ?

cheers

icy