PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint Split Screen

Spartacus
16-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Someone somewhere said something about having MS Powerpoint in a split screen setup so that you can be running a slide show (say through a projector) and see what's being projected on one screen, while editing and cueing the upcoming slides on the other side of the screen (or on another screen?).

Would really appreciate any more light anyone can shed on this and how to get it going. Ideally it would be a split screen on a single monitor, rather than two separate monitors...

Cheers,
S

Spartacus
16-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Just thinking about it, and I guess it'll have to be separate screens since the projector will display everything as it is on-screen... Still, has anyone done this - if I need to run two monitors, I will.

Billy T
16-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Yes PP can do that, you will need to look in the help files for the answer though, I can't remember the details. I recall that using dual monitors (laptop and projection screen you can have your PP show up for the audience and see your speaker's notes in the laptop.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

godfather
16-09-2004, 06:29 PM
http://www.powerpointanswers.com/article1026.html

Spartacus
17-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Billy & Godfather - that's exactly what I wanted. Thank you. :-)

stumpey
17-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Just a note - I have had some trouble getting this to work on PP 97 level in Win98. For some reason it insists on working on the primary screen only.

I am told that PP at 2000 and above has an otion for dual screen mode.