PDA

View Full Version : Attn Robo - Personal Digital Competition

Jester
13-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Hiya Robo

I attempted to enter the competition on page 49 of the September PC World by emailing the address as instructed in the "Inbox to Go" section, and received the following:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<personal_digital@idg.co.nz>
(reason: 550 personal_digital@idg.co.nz... No such user)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to d2s.iconz.net.:

>>>>>> DATA

<<< 550 personal_digital@idg.co.nz... No such user
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

:_|

Pillar
13-09-2004, 11:49 PM
What are you bothering entering for anyway? Even if you do win, it's unlikely you'll actually receive something. Robo likes to "give" people prizes by saying they won something, then never send them the goods.

beama
13-09-2004, 11:59 PM
santa never comes to naughty boys and girls

Chilling_Silence
14-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Pillar:
If that's the case, then God must have looked kindly upon me around the time that I won Nortons Antivirus 2004 earlier this year and sent it to me, knowing that Robo wouldnt....

Any chance you're religious? Send up a prayer to your God, tell him thanks, and ask him for the whole Symantec Systemworks Suite....

Either that or shut up and stop being a prick!
Grow some balls, throw them over your shoulder, walk out the door and get a life!

Jester
14-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Thanks, Chill, for making a mess out of what was an honest enquiry. Bedtime, mate.

Vince
14-09-2004, 04:39 AM
A little less of the chilling and a little more of the other stuff might help. :D Vince

Laura
14-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Pillar/kiki/PoWa or whatever you want to call yourself at present -
Don't you have better things to do with your young life than play smartarse/ silllybuggers
on this forum?
Last heard of, you were joining another/better one...
But as you couldn't stay way - how about being really revolutionary & getting a life away from computers.
Make some real friends & be rude to them face to face, instead of hiding anonymously behind a nom-de-plume here..

Biggles
14-09-2004, 09:45 AM
>What are you bothering entering for anyway? Even if you do win, it's unlikely you'll actually receive something. Robo likes to "give" people prizes by saying they won something, then never send them the goods.

Would you care to back this up? If someone has not received a prize they've been promised then I'd like to know so it can be sorted out. Ball's in your court.

Pillar
14-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Sure, though it doesn't need to be a public matter with people making assumptions left right and centre.

k8smum
14-09-2004, 09:53 AM
> Would you care to back this up? If someone has not
> received a prize they've been promised then I'd like
> to know so it can be sorted out. Ball's in your
> court.

Betcha "he" doesn't...

Biggles
14-09-2004, 09:57 AM
>I attempted to enter the competition on page 49 of the September PC World by emailing the address as instructed in the "Inbox to Go" section, and received the following:

The address should be back working soon. The IT folks were working on the mail server over the weekend and inadvertantly did a restore to a previous state that eliminated this address.

Biggles
14-09-2004, 09:58 AM
>Sure, though it doesn't need to be a public matter with people making assumptions left right and centre.

Absolutely. You know my address.

Fire-and-Ice
14-09-2004, 10:49 AM
> >What are you bothering entering for anyway? Even if
> >you do win, it's unlikely you'll actually receive
> >something. Robo likes to "give" people prizes by
> >saying they won something, then never send them the
> >goods.
>
> Would you care to back this up? If someone has not
> received a prize they've been promised then I'd like
> to know so it can be sorted out. Ball's in your
> court.

Thats rather telling. IIRC Powa had a little difficulty receiving his teeshirt/cd wallet/whatever not long ago. Mayhaps it never did arrive? ;-)

Biggles
14-09-2004, 10:53 AM
I suggest we drop it. If Pillar wants to email me with details he will.

Chilling_Silence
14-09-2004, 10:56 AM
I thought he got it in the end?

Biggles
14-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Yes he did so I assume Pillar is referring to something else which I'm sure he'll fill me in on via email. Nothing to see here, move along ....

R2x1
14-09-2004, 11:20 AM
> I thought he got it in the end?

Ouch

george12
14-09-2004, 04:14 PM
> Nothing to see here, move along ....

Isn't that what you say when you lock threads?

Jester
19-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Just a quick note.

I won the Pocomail PET USB email traveller AND received the prize today. The distributer phoned me and also emailed very promptly and in two day's it's here.

I am VERY happy. Many thanks IDG and PCSS for this :D :D

JJJJJ
19-10-2004, 01:21 PM
How do you win things? I've never won a thing in my life.
Jack

Jester
19-10-2004, 01:37 PM
It's a first for me too ... just look for the competition in PC World each month and enter via email