PDA

View Full Version : Pixels on a desktop!

Kibito
13-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey there.

I have a weird question. I recently installed xp pro and I'm pretty sure that since, something weird been happening.

When I'm viewing a webpage or anything frankly just a picture. If I scroll up and down the picture suddenly has weird green and other coloured pixels appearing in small concentrations around the picture. It's really weird and a bit annoying too.

I"m just wondering if anyones had this problem before and if so any suggestions?

Cheers

Rob99
13-09-2004, 05:36 PM
If you could post a screen shot that would be easier to make a diagnosis.

Could it be that you are selecting the picture?

Could it be a stuffed mouse?

Kibito
13-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Here ya go.

http://cxfiles.orcon.net.nz/example.jpg

I've circled the weird pixel stuff. Usually it happens in more than just one place but you get the idea.

I don't know if its the mouse. Whats that got to do with it?

Rob99
13-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Sorry Kibito, I am unable to help, I have never seen that before.

I thought it could be selecting something with the mouse, but clearly it isn't.

Hope someone else can shed some light on this for you

Elephant
13-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Would this have anything to do with a very busy taskbar?

godfather
13-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Video drivers by the look of that. Because its in the captured image, its certainly in the video RAM.

Kibito
13-09-2004, 08:47 PM
So what sorta solution are we talking. And by taskbar do you mean lots of windows open???

Greg S
13-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Update the drivers for your video card - first thing to try. What sort of video card have you got - perhaps it's struggling with too little ram with all those windows open

Kibito
13-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Shouldn't be.

Amd Xp 2600, 512 333 Ram, Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128mb

Jen C
13-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Did you reinstall your graphic card driver when you reinstalled XP? Try installing the latest nVidia driver and see if this helps, or alternatively uninstall your current driver and then reinstall it.
Windows XP/2000 - Version: 61.77 (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77).

Kibito
14-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Downloaded and installed.

Shutdown, restart. Problem still going on ><!!!

Any other ideas guys?

metla
14-09-2004, 06:25 PM
try another video card.

Does it do it in safe mode?,at different resolutions?,color settings?,does it happen immediatly from boot or only after a period of use?has the card been overclocked? peed on by a cat or given the evil eye from Colin Brown?

Kibito
14-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Ok the card hasn't had anything done to it.

I used to have another version of Windows XP pro on my computer and it worked perfect with that. Now I have this version and I think it says 2002 version which is is the same as the old one but I think they may have been different releases.

Not sure, mate installed it all so yea but I just know that I had xp pro before and it never did this.

MrBeef
14-09-2004, 08:36 PM
i know this OT, but kibito...what the hell did u have on your page for the fuzz to have it removed....http://cxfiles.orcon.net.nz/

or is this all fake

Kibito
14-09-2004, 08:38 PM
lol yea well there's a story behind that. Ask me later :p

Any solutions for the fuzzy wuzzy screen?

dirtbag
14-09-2004, 09:12 PM
considering it is in the bar, could it have something to do with your colour settings are too low, and your OS is running a theme, with 2 shade bars? and in its attempt to go from blue to white its putting those random pixels in? or does it occur all over the screen...??

Kibito
14-09-2004, 09:15 PM
usually pictures but I noticed it once or twice on desktop.

Funny thing is when the picture goes fuzzy after I scroll up down etc. If I press ctrl a and select the picture. Fuzzy goes away.

lol wtF???

Kibito
22-09-2004, 02:30 PM
K uh just an update.

I got service pack 2 fully installed. So I have every update for xp pro. I go to install the Nvidia driver from windows update and it fails everytime. I ask for detailed error but it says no details.

Also, now, when I scroll up and down, pixels still happen, but like a second or 2 later the picture goes to normal ><!!!

I'm still having massive problems in like need for speed underground where seriously the graphics are wacked hard. Like heaps of weird cuts and lines or something flash as i race round the map. In some areas of the map the texture of the wall is stretched across the track so I can't even see whats ahead, like a waterfall cover.

It's the weirdest problem I've ever had with windows ><