PDA

View Full Version : Firefox .9 no xbl binding

Alan Wise
12-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi All, I was successfully running fire fox, when for reasons that escape me now, I uninstalled it. I have have now re-installed it, and the browser will not launch. The error message says there is no xbl binding. Can anyone solve this problem please. OS win xp pro sp2

Thanks.

Jen C
12-09-2004, 04:51 PM
This will be because your old existing profile contains extensions which are not compatible with the version of Firefox you are now using. Apparently the 0.9+ versions get around this by not importing (or using) your old extensions so that you have to download new compatible ones.

What version have you installed?

Alan Wise
12-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi Jen C, On both occaisions I was using 0.9

Jen C
12-09-2004, 04:57 PM
OK, just spotted the .9 bit in the subject heading.

Go into your Firefox profile Extension folder and delete the contents of that folder. Then try and start Firefox again.

Your profile folder is located here:
Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

Alan Wise
12-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks for reply,couldnt find an application data folder in (user name) Tried looking for anything similar in program folder,no joy. Tried editing the registry ,no joy there either.

stevie_boy
12-09-2004, 06:05 PM
The application data folder is hidden by default.

To make it visible, open Windows Explorer then go to the Tools menu at the top of the window and choose 'Folder Options'. Click on the 'View' tab then choose the 'Show hidden files and folders' option then click OK.

If you browse to the location Jen mentioned it should now be there.

Good luck with sorting your Firefox problem.

Alan Wise
12-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi stevie boy, Much embarresment and blushing, Ithought I had turned on show hiddenfiles. Thanks to you and Jen C firefox now working.